Are you passionate about Software Security?
At Sophos, we operate at the cutting edge of technology, protecting businesses worldwide against complex threats, viruses and spam. We build high quality software security products in a fast-paced, nimble environment and we've been doing it for over 20 years.
Join us to help our customers protect their business and meet compliance needs.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will have the opportunity to support our customers and learn cutting edge technologies in the dynamic software security space. *Willing to hire the right candidate in Vancouver or Ottawa.
- Provide Sophos customers with Technical Support within the defined parameters of Sophos Support Services including customers with defined SLAs, with a focus on quality and customer satisfaction, covering our Network product
- Provide advanced troubleshooting via remote sessions to modify customer’s environment towards a resolution that include, but are not limited to: Installation issues, best practice configuration, network troubleshooting, Windows, Linux, Mac and Unix OS configuration.
- Handle technical escalations within team response/resolution targets
- Ability to work weekend and on-call shifts on a rotational basis
- Provide Team Leader or Manager feedback with regards to Technical Support procedures and policies, with the goal of improving overall customer satisfaction as well as engineer efficiency
Experience and Skills
- A bachelor’s degree or technical diploma in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in the IT field, including experience as a Systems/Network Administrator, or a technical support role supporting Systems/Network administrators
- Experience with security products, such as Firewalls, IPSec, IDS/IPS, Anti -Spam, Anti-Virus, Web Security proxies, Email Security filters, VPNs
- Experience with Linux operating systems through the command line level
- Experience with Active Directory (or any LDAP variant) group policy configuration and deployment
- Experience with cloud virtualization such as Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure
- The ability to work with complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires review
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, inspiring confidence while leading customers through the steps to resolve issues via phone, and email
Sophos Canada offers a comprehensive total compensation package including vacation, sick days, BC MSP coverage, extended health coverage which includes medical, dental and vision care, RRSP matching.