The Device Automation Team builds and continuously improves the core infrastructure components used by tens of thousands of Amazonians, hundreds of thousands of IP enabled devices, a growing fleet of robots, and countless other user devices in our facilities around the world. You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. You will work directly with other systems, network and software engineers to help secure and scale the technology that supports our Fulfillment Centers and Transportation sites.
As a technical leader, you will be a pragmatic visionary that can translate business needs into technology solutions that scale both technically and operationally. You are responsible for driving quality and enabling technical innovation. You will recruit top talent, manage evolving / complex demands, including multiple projects with dependencies on other internal organizations. You will draw on customer feedback, usage and operational data, and your experience leading technology businesses to set and deliver on aggressive goals for adoption, operational performance, feature delivery, and revenue.
As a TPM on the ADM team you will:
• Interact with Project Sponsors, other Technical Program Managers, and multiple development teams to define and deliver complex cross-functional projects.
• Drive large scale projects spanning teams across AFT from inception to conclusion, formulate the product vision, define user stories, research appropriate technical solutions.
• Clearly communicate vision, plans and project status to management and key technical and business stakeholders.
• Work closely with the software development team on delivering high-quality solutions, and provide guidance regarding architecture, design, and priorities.
• Engage with other teams across Amazon to evangelize the team and your projects, to build relationships and help identify existing technologies that can be leveraged to meet your team's goals.
• Identify, assess and mitigate risks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs balancing the business needs versus constraints.
• Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong business and technical vision
• Results-oriented person with a focus on delivery
• 5+ years related experience
• Experience managing multiple large, cross functional projects in a matrixed organization
• Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, leadership skills essential to successful program/project management
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to drive tough decision making, balancing business goals, technical implications, and time to market
• Ability to work independently, excellent problem solving skills
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
• A strong track record of on-time project delivery for large, cross-functional projects.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutionsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional system engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within our team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Software and Programming Management and Executive