Does the challenge of launching Amazon marketplaces in new countries & advancing one of the world's most scalable, reliable, and secure e-commerce platforms that processes tens of billions of dollars in transactions, in multiple currencies and countries excite you?
Are you equally comfortable digging in to business requirements as well as drilling into architecture with development teams and then drive the project development process?
Amazon is seeking Technical Program Managers to join our e-commerce services team. If you feel excited by the challenge of setting the course for large company wide initiatives, building and launching customer facing products in international locales and being hands-on involved in the delivery of these initiatives, this may be the next career move for you.
As a Technical Program Manager on the team:
- You will have end to end ownership of cross-functional projects, including product definition, roadmap planning, and resource planning and project execution.
- Along with business initiatives, you will also lead the definition and execution of strategic projects aimed at reducing the total cost and time to market for launch.
- You will work closely with business and operations leadership, including executive leadership at Amazon, to define the product and provide updates on the program.
- At the heart of this role is delivery. You will be hands-on in driving the delivery of critical business initiatives, managing all aspects of the project such as project planning, requirements definition, risk management, communication, and implementation planning.
- You will be a technical problem solver on the team, identifying innovative solutions to project deadlocks and resolving issues and constraints through consensus and sound judgment.
- You will be responsible for making project decisions, achieving tactical goals while retaining a strategic focus.
- You will work closely with the development teams and play a leadership role in product architecture and design.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- 2+ years of technical program management experience
- Technology background, especially in a service-oriented environment with a deep understanding of software development and e-commerce products.
- Proven track record of leading large cross-functional software projects.
- Ability to roll up sleeves and operate as an individual contributor to get the job done; at the same time be able to guide a team toward an objective.
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and key partners for the program.
- Strong judgment, especially relevant in balancing long term strategic investments with near term business goals.
- Able to provide architectural guidance and direction throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers, business owners, and senior business leaders.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming Management and Executive