Udutu is an Online Learning Company. The company was founded and headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia in 2005. In March of 2020 the personnel all began to work from home, and the company became virtual. We have opted to remain that way.
The company offers software solutions and services to enable technology based training for a wide variety of industries and organizations around the globe. Software solutions include a course authoring tool with a number of rich media conversion elements, and a Learning management System (LMS) which manages training and trainees, learning paths, reporting, etc.
Udutu is seeking a creative senior software developer to pick up the existing code base and solutions and assist with its ongoing development and improvement. This is a highly competitive industry, and it is important to maintain a level of product differentiation in order to establish and grow our share, so creativity is a key quality we are seeking. This could be the role for you if....
• You are a self-motivated doer that is unafraid to think outside the box.
• You enjoy planning projects and delegating but you also have a solid understanding of programming fundamentals, and are capable of serious coding when required.
• You are unafraid to explore and learn new standards, environments, practices, etc.
• You like the idea of a small company with a family vibe, that is a part of a larger group of companies.
• You are looking for a role where you can make a lasting impact.
• You want to be a part of a company that is undergoing a lot of positive change and growth potential.
• You have a proven track record as a creative and innovative .NET developer
• You are comfortable in a very small team with a lot of crossover functionality.
• You can be productive working from home in a virtual environment. Some typical responsibilities might include:
• Visualize and define features based on requests, issues and ideas presented by the management team and/or client interactions.
• Troubleshooting database errors, server outages, network issues etc.
• Participate and then lead a daily developer's stand-up to ensure tech projects are on track
• Build UX wireframes using Adobe XD to validate the design of new features
• Provide direct client support at times to ensure maximal client satisfaction and to gain knowledge of client expectations for use in feature design
• Hire and manage contractors needed to help complete projects
• Write user stories for our product backlog that represent the needs and demands of the business team.
• Set the priority of implementation of user stories to be in line with company-wide strategic directions to increase the value proposition of our technical offerings.
• Assist in writing RFP responses to ensure the potential of our technical offerings is well represented.
• Create technical documentation to support the applications and technical processes.
• Install and/or update SSL certs in IIS
• Help build a plan to migrate application files and data from one data center to another Important Technical Skills
Not everyone will have this list of requirements and we appreciate the fact that the right person may learn some of these things on the job. This is a list of technologies that will be used regularly as a part of this role:
- MS SQL
- Microsoft Server
- Understanding of the SCORM specifications.
- Other protocols and standards to support integrations, SSO, security, etc.
- Node JS
Please apply in writing to HR@udutu.com
. We will not accept telephone applications.Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Remote
Experience Level : Senior Level
Software and Programming