Line of Service
Global Compliance ServicesManagement Level
SpecialistJob Description & Summary
PwC's Acceleration Centre (AC) is all about maximizing value, unlocking opportunities and creating a great experience for our people and clients. Using the latest technologies, leading processes and best practices, the AC is an important part of how we deliver high-quality tax, assurance and consulting services to our clients.Important Points to Consider
• Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future :
The health, well-being and safety of our colleagues, clients, and communities is our number one priority. Vaccinations have proven to reduce the risk of COVID-19. Effective Friday, October 1, 2021, PwC Canada requires all partners, staff, contractors and visitors to be fully-vaccinated when entering a PwC location, subject to applicable legal exemptions. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating. Read this press release for further details .
• The AC services all Canadian time zones, therefore business hours will vary and overtime is required
• This role doesn't support completion of the Canadian CPA designation
•This is a remote position, requiring the ability to work virtuallyWhat you'll create and do
As a Senior Compliance Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring the quality of deliverables and monitoring compliance with all processes and procedures. You will act as the key liaison between the client relationship and the London Acceleration Centre team. You are responsible to coach and work with your team to submit a completed tax return, financial statement and/or other supporting documentation for personal and corporate clients to the engagement Partner. You will be responsible for the initial review of personal and corporate tax returns, and/or the notice to reader file, including the first draft of the financial statement. As a Senior Compliance Specialist, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Perform quality reviews of team members' work and provide immediate constructive feedback when required. Depending on prior experience, skillset and aligned service, review may include:
• Canadian and/or US and state personal income tax returns;
• Canadian Federal/Provincial tax returns for corporations;
• Financial statements & memos to file
• Notice to reader financial statements
• Provide effective coaching to Preparer Specialists
• First point of contact (client relationship team and your team) for technical and process support related to the execution of work assigned
• Serves as backup for additional engagements and projects as required What you'll bring to this role
• An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work
• A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences and working alongside diverse people and perspectives
• Accounting, tax, or finance college diploma or an equivalent combination of education and/or work experience
• Prior Canadian tax experience or financial accounting/bookkeeping
• Demonstrated ability utilizing tax and/or accounting software such as: GOSystems, Prosytems, TaxPrep, Profile, Cantax, Turbo Tax, Quickbooks, SAGE, Caseware
• You have sound business sense and a creative mind that have earned you a reputation of providing service excellence
• You are skilled communicator with a proven ability to interact successfully with clients and co-workers at all levels
• Detail is your middle name; you are well organized and have the ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment under tight deadlines
• Grace under pressure; you are the one who always keeps your cool with a "Can-Do" attitude, even as the pace speeds up. You are able to operate within tight deadlines, prioritizing work and multi-tasking no matter what the task or how fast the pace
• Exceptional analytical capability is critical, you are able to apply the necessary judgment to ask questions, provide immediate feedback and assess issues as they arise
• You are comfortable working paperless, completing tasks online
• You are adaptable and quick to learn new things (tasks, technology etc.), you name it, you are ready for it
• Your computing skills are top notch and you are comfortable working with all MS Office products (i.e. Excel)
• Speaking French would be an asset but is not a requirement Why you'll love working for PwC
At PwC, we support you through a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits. Discover a life that works for you with our diverse, inclusive and flexible culture. To learn how you can grow and shine in your career at PwC, please visit: https://www.pwc.com/ca/whypwc See how you can create your future at PwC
www.pwc.com/ca/en/careers/create-your-future.html Get to know us
Check out our careers blog to hear what our people have to say and discover a place where you can bring your passions and whole self to work. https://www.pwc.com/ca/en/careers/blog.html Applying at PwC
At PwC, we embrace new technology where you will learn to innovate and deliver differently. For Administrative, Specialist, Associate, Senior Associate, and Manager roles you may have the opportunity to participate in an on-demand video interview. To learn more about our innovative cloud-based online application interview process click here: https://www.pwc.com/ca/applytopwc
We take your privacy seriously. To protect your personal information, please submit your application directly through PwC Canada Careers: https://www.pwc.com/ca/en/careers.html Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Required SkillsOptional Skills Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not SpecifiedAvailable for Work Visa Sponsorship?
NoGovernment Clearance Required?
NoJob Posting End Date
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
Every day we see how people make businesses great. But it's not only about skills. If your experience is close to what we're looking for, please consider applying. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, and passionate teams reimagine the possible. Create your future at PwC.
PwC s'engage à bâtir une équipe diversifiée et représentative des collectivités qu'il sert. Nous invitons toutes les personnes qualifiées, sans égard à leur appartenance ethnique, leur race, leur religion, leur sexe, leur orientation sexuelle, leur identité sexuelle, leur statut d'autochtone, leur âge, leur handicap ou leurs besoins en matière d'adaptation du milieu de travail, à présenter leur candidature, qu'il nous fera plaisir d'examiner.
Chaque jour, nous voyons des personnes participer à l'essor des entreprises. Ce n'est pas seulement une question de compétences. Si votre expérience se rapproche de ce que nous recherchons, n'hésitez pas à postuler. Nous sommes conscients que l'expérience peut prendre diverses formes et que des équipes de passionnés peuvent réinventer le possible. Créez votre avenir chez PwC.