The AWS Payments ADC team provides zero-touch, multi-region, world-class secure and auditable provisioning of our Payments system stack in Amazon Dedicated Cloud (ADC) regions, enabling customers to run secure systems, understand their financial status, and pay for services, providing them with a fluent financial experience and management tools for one of the world's largest commerce platforms.
We are looking for talented and passionate Systems Development Engineers with a strong technical background, to solve the hardest problems in Security and DevOps, innovating the next generation of provisioning and operation frameworks, critical to the success of our customer's businesses and directly impacting AWS's growth and international expansion.
Key job responsibilities
As a Systems Developer Engineer, you will:
- Identify and develop processes, tools, automation, and software changes to address top security, provisioning, operation and observability requirements,
- Collaborate with software development leadership and product management to define the Payments ADC secure and scalable multi-region stack,
- Partner with software developers to establish strong operational readiness across teams,
- Lead change to develop simple, elegant solutions to complex security, audit, observability, or reliability challenges,
- Create and enhance regression metrics and automated tests,
- Share your knowledge of the most effective performance, scalability, architecture, and engineering patterns and methods.
A day in the life
As an engineer in the AWS Payments ADC team, you will be part of a team of high performing engineers. You will interface with teams across all AWS, and build high-scale payment systems that will seamlessly meet top security and privacy needs for our customers. You will define and build automation of critical service reliability, audit and compliance functions that ensures a private and secure financial experience for our customers. In order to meet the needs of AWS' customers, these next generation services will be configuration driven, highly scalable, extremely secure, and deliver superior operational excellence.
About the team
AWS Payments enables hundreds of millions of customers globally to pay for AWS products and services, and understand their financial status. We process millions of invoices every month, for billions of dollars of IT usage and spend, collect payments, and account for revenue. As security, accuracy and availability are critical to our customers, our AWS Payments ADC team's mission is to provide zero-touch, multi-region, world-class secure and auditable provisioning of our Payments system stack in Amazon Dedicated Cloud (ADC) regions, for our customers to run their secure systems.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of systems or software engineering experience.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Programming experience with at least one modern programming language such as Python, Java, Go, or C++.
- Computer Science fundamentals of CS data structures and algorithms.
- Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Experience building and provisioning highly available and scalable systems and operating 24x7 services.
- Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code (IaC) and DevOps fundamentals and tools.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Law Enforcement and Security Quality Assurance