Ever wondered how AWS (think of S3, EC2, DynamoDB, and more), the Amazon retail web site, Alexa, Prime Video, and hundreds of other services are available 24 hours a day, across the world, yet are continually evolving?
Apollo is the answer!
The Apollo team (part of AWS Builder Tools organization) owns the software and systems that helps Amazon's massive developer team community build the cutting edge services and technology that Amazon is known for. Our systems deliver the technology that powers fully-automated continuous deployment workflows and dynamic scaling for some of the world's largest services. We execute millions of deployments to millions of hosts every day
Apollo make it possible for every developer at Amazon to rapidly change their running applications without ever having to take an outage. Every engineer uses it every day. In Apollo, everything we do goes into production and is instantly used by tens of thousands of other engineers.
What we do makes a difference, and we're not done yet! We are looking for software developers who are passionate about areas like DevOps, SRE and Infrastructure as Code to help us manage our growing list of applications we serve in the cloud. Come join Apollo and make a positive impact to your Amazon development teams and their services!
Key job responsibilities
- Work in an agile team to build and manage massively scaled services.
- Develop infrastructure-as-code software to stand-up large distributed services globally.
- Design fault tolerant, highly available (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) solutions.
- Identify and remove scaling bottlenecks in large-scale distributed systems.
- Work with other engineers to diagnose and resolve customer issues including as part of on-call rotation.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- Software Engineering, DevOps, SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) or Cloud Infrastructure experience.
- Programming skills with at least one modern language such as Java, Python, Golang, C++, C#, Ruby, Perl including OOP.
- Demonstrated knowledge with the Linux Operating System and its command line tools.
- Systems Engineering/SRE experience in a large, distributed environment focusing on automation.
- Technically sound in software development and life cycle.
- Experience using AWS/Cloud services such as EC2, S3, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, CloudWatch, IAM and CloudFormation.
- Strong knowledge of software fundamentals like web traffic (HTTP, TCP, REST), IP Networking, VPNs, Load Balancers etc.
- Skills in containerization technologies such as Docker, ECS, EKS and Kubernetes.
- Setup and use of monitoring frameworks such as CloudWatch, Influx DB/TICK, grafana, ELK, prometheus, splunk, Nagios, NewRelic and Dynatrace.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming