Come challenge yourself and learn from the best. Work with a world class team building market leading services of unprecedented scale.
The Amazon Consumer Payments organization is hiring an experienced Technical Program Manager with a passion for building scalable, high-performance services to define and build Amazon's Payments Acceptance & Experience systems and launch new payment methods across Amazon's global portfolio.
We are looking for a highly skilled, experienced, and motivated Engineering Leader to innovate and solve the challenges at a massive scale. You will drive product direction and road-map planning, project execution, and closely collaborate with engineers to develop cutting-edge systems. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and leadership expertise, and ability to work within a fast-paced startup culture in a large company to deliver new payment experience and delight millions of customers. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor and start on the FinTech innovation. You will use your experience to drive innovative, customer-focused payment solutions to provide local paying experiences for Amazon's customers around the globe.
If you are a superstar Senior Technical Program Manager, come join us! You will get an opportunity to influence Amazon's technical architecture across multiple organizations, establish and own a roadmap. This role requires working across engineering and product teams to define strategy and requirements and lead cross functional development teams from design through delivery. You will be accountable for driving the entire product lifecycle, from product definition through specification, coding, quality assurance and launch to the world. This position involves regular communication with senior leadership on status, risks and change control. Cross-team coordination, agile project management and executive presentation skills are essential. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, analytical and communication skills.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• 3+ years of coding experience in Java, C++, and Perl
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environmentPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• PMP or Project Management Certification
• Master's in Business Administration
• 3+ years of coding experience in Any programming language
• Familiarity with building large scale solutions across many integrated and distributed systems, with great availability, performance, and security
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize tasks
• A first-hand working knowledge of current web development technologies and service oriented architecture
• Advanced knowledge of business applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
• Strong business and technical vision
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive