Are you curious about how Amazon is able to hire at the pace of the growth ? Join us in the Recruiting Engine team as we are reinventing how we recruit at Amazon. As the search for talent becomes more competitive, we are bringing together recruiting, science, tech, programs, and process teams to find and hire candidates who raise the bar more quickly and efficiently.
If you're thrilled by the idea of ownership, passionate about creating new features and services from scratch as well as integrations with the complex systems, and are comfortable with the pace of shipping software in cycles measured in weeks, we would love to connect with you.
Key job responsibilities
- You are responsible for managing the lifecycle of a complex cross-functional program with considerable impact
- You routinely deliver the right things with limited guidance
- To ensure business and technical stakeholder needs are aligned, you drive mindful discussions that lead to crisp decisions
- You oversee the gap between teams, processes, and system architectures, and you help teams/your organization reduce exposure to classic failure modes (e.g., requirements not sufficiently understood/documented, ineffective cross-team collaboration, long-term impact(s) from of the use of third-party technologies, APIs not protected/hardened, insufficient testing/gaps in QA)
- You understand technical program management and engineering best practices. You may be asked to use your knowledge to assess development processes, test plans, and operations/maintenance requirements. You work with teams to improve concurrent project delivery.
- You actively recruit and develop others by mentoring in your organization and/or at your location
- You provide constructive feedback for engineer, manager, and other peers
- You also provide Tech promotion assessments for TPMs moving to level 6
A day in the life
- You start to define the program (mission, vision, tenets), set objectives, analyze data, drive improvements that are quantified with metrics, and influence resource allocation.
- You track the status, mitigate the risk and report to your stakeholders, partners and teammates in a regular basis;
- You influence teams to decouple from dependencies and eliminate architecture problems that stifle innovation or cause user dissatisfaction, development collisions, and/or outages.
- You dive deep into the systems to understand in your program, their limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions, and reasons behind architectural decisions.
About the team
We are part of the recruiting engine team. We provide a framework to continuously improve hiring activities in Amazon. We enable the adaptable definition of the candidate journey. We provide common functionality to facilitate the implementation of its steps. We automate its execution. We provide a single authoritative platform for centralized data access. We also curate a consistent domain model, drive, and support improvements in the recruiting system toward a flexible architecture with high quality, so it can evolve with changing business. In short, we focus on speed, visibility, action, re-usability, and data.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years of Technical Program Management experience.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant development and technical design experience.
- Problem-solving skills and the abilities to analyse quantitatively, scope technical requirements and prioritise program deliverables.
- Presentation and written communication skills are essential, as is the ability to build partnerships with senior leaders across a variety of groups throughout Amazon.
- Experience with agile or similar program management methodologies.
- Experience as both a developer and project manager.
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units.
- Experience working with remote teams and external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate new ideas with internal and external partners.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive