The AWS DynamoDB team is looking for self-motivated, team-first-mentality technical program managers, who are willing to commit themselves to our goal to grow the business by 10 times over the next 2 years.
Key job responsibilities
As a Technical Program Manager (TPM), you will be responsible for executing key projects across AWS DynamoDB. In this role, you will provide project leadership, anticipate bottlenecks, mitigate project risks, quantify the impact of making tradeoffs, and balance business needs against technical constraints. You will work closely with stakeholders across various design, software and business teams to identify and drive innovative solutions that achieve business goals and align with long-term product roadmaps. You will ensure stakeholders are informed and tailor communications to business and technical audiences.
A day in the life
You will own a portfolio of projects and for each project you will drive the project lifecycle including scope, schedule, quality as well as risk and critical path management. You will use diverse tools and project management methods during each phase of the project lifecycle. You will partner with various stakeholders like Product Managers, Developer Teams, Sales and Marketing, Legal, etc. You will report on the progress and status of various projects to senior leadership keeping them informed of any risks and/or delays. The successful candidate will rely on influence over authority to drive project deliverables and remove barriers to project success.
Some other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partner with program sponsors to define program strategy and key performance indicators.
- Develop and run comprehensive program plans and drive execution according to the plans.
- Gain support for programs using strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Present and lead conversations about projects, issues, solutions, and strategy to leadership and stakeholders.
- Prioritize effectively and communicate clearly across all levels of the organization.
- Use data to find, analyze, and create actionable content insights.
- Track and report progress against program metrics monthly and define annual goals.
- Build, and maintain, metrics-based data visualization and communication mechanisms.
About the team
Do you want to work on a product that can do the following?:
* Access petabytes of data in single-digit milliseconds
* Replicate tables across continents
* Stream terabytes of data updates per hour continuously
* Back up hundreds of terabytes of data in seconds
* Encrypt petabytes of data with no performance degradation
Amazon DynamoDB is a NoSQL database service that does all this and more. DynamoDB is a key-value and document database that delivers single-digit-millisecond performance at any scale. DynamoDB can store petabytes of customer data and handle peaks of more than 20 million requests per second. DynamoDB is one of the largest distributed database systems in the world, and we continue to believe it is Day 1 for the DynamoDB business. We are constantly improving and adding new capabilities to DynamoDB and our engineers are constantly challenged to think of unique and innovative solutions.
As a fast growing service at the core of the AWS Cloud, our business and engineering decisions have widespread impact across AWS, Amazon, and beyond. Many of the world's fastest growing businesses, such as Lyft, Airbnb, and Redfin, as well as enterprises, such as Samsung, Toyota, and Capital One, depend on the scale and performance of DynamoDB to support their mission-critical workloads.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- 3+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Understanding of software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of object oriented development, large scale systems, build processes, change control management and release models.
- Written and verbal communication skills and being comfortable presenting in large groups and handling high-pressure communication with senior management
- Experience with managing large cross-functional projects
- A proven track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Able to collect, analyze and present data sets support project goals and initiatives
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, successful track record of coordinating between multiple project stakeholders, technical program managers, and software development teams.
- Experience in creating and managing complex, cross-team project plans; prior success in driving execution of large-scale project plans with multiple teams in support of business goals.
- Hands-on experience with agile methodologies and proven leadership skills.
- Technical program management experience in managed IT services, Cloud services industry preferred
- CSM, PMP or related certification with strong skills in technical / non-technical documentation writing like project scoping, executive summaries, status reports.
- Strong technical experience in AWS or related Cloud service offerings is preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive