Amazon is looking for a passionate scientist to join the sustainable energy team at AWS. Amazon is committed to powering its global infrastructure with 100% renewable energy. As part of the sustainable energy team, you will develop new algorithms and solutions towards better utilizing our renewable and storage technologies on the grid. This is an exciting new role that will provide exposure to large-scale renewable projects across the globe.
We are looking for an experienced Applied Scientist to build time series forecasting and reinforcement learning models for solving variety of problems managing our renewable and storage resources. You will be responsible for improving our strategy, coming up with new algorithms, and write excellent code. We are looking for someone who is customer obsessed and works backwards from customer needs and implements iterative solutions towards achieving our long-term goals. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- M.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or a related quantitative field
- 3+ Years of experience with Machine Learning, predictive modeling, optimization
- 2+ Years of experience in Python, R, or other programming languages
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or a related quantitative field
- Experience in modeling and optimization
- Experience with electricity markets
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.