SPO 30R - Team Leader, Provincial Centralized Screening Position Classification
Social Prog Off R30 Union
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Surrey, BC V4P 1M5 CA
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CASalary Range
$79,530.36 - $90,884.16 annually Close Date
5/19/2022 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Children & Family Development Ministry Branch / Division
Service Delivery, Provincial Central Screening Job Summary Team Leader, Provincial Centralized ScreeningSocial Program Officer R30
There are 2 vacancies available: 1 permanent full-time vacancy and 1 temporary full-time opportunity until approximately May 2023. Board and lodging and relocation expenses do not apply for the temporary opportunity. A permanent appointment may result from this temporary opportunity.
These positions can be performed from Vancouver or Surrey.
Current shift opportunities at Provincial Centralized Screening:
Rotating shift pattern: 4 days on, 3 off/ 8.75 hours per shift
The shift patterns include weekdays, evening and weekend shifts.
- Please note there are different shift patterns within these shift opportunities that will be worked on a rotational pattern throughout the year. Each staff person will work a variety of shifts on rotation. **Applicants must be available to work all shifts.
- Currently full-time staff will work a compressed work week consisting of 4 shifts on, 8.75 hours each, resulting in three (3) days off a week.
- As per the relevant collective agreement provisions on paid holidays and dependent upon schedules, staff will earn hours towards additional leave.
- In addition, there may be opportunities for overtime or, alternatively, compensatory time off.
An eligibility list may be established.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .Provide direction and leadership and make a difference in your community!
The Team Leader, Provincial Centralized Screening works with diverse community partners to deliver a broad range of services. The position is pivotal in establishing and implementing the multi-disciplinary and culturally appropriate approach to service delivery. This position will provide direction, leadership and support to staff within these teams for professional and integrated services delivery and must ensure adequate clinical support is provided as well as staff training and development.
Employing superior collaborative skills, you establish productive working relationships with community partners and provincial, federal and non-governmental agencies, act as a liaison and participate on internal and external committees as designated by the Director of Operations. A highly effective leader, you focus on staff development, collaborative practices and developing community partnerships. Your dedication to excellence creates a motivated team capable of delivering high standards of quality service to clients. If you are ready for a leadership role and an exciting new career, we look forward to your application.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca)
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Michael.Gough@gov.bc.ca DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. Information and tips about how to complete your job application, including adding or editing your résumé and applying for jobs, are available at the following link: Your Job Application . If you still experience technical difficulties applying for a competition, please send an email to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time
, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.JOB REQUIREMENTS:To be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Applicants may be considered who meet the preferred OR expanded credentials and experience requirements.1. Preferred Credentials:
2. Expanded Credentials:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Social Work OR Child and Youth Care OR Master of Education in Counselling Psychology/Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology with completion of a practicum in family and child welfare OR
- In-service Ministry of Children and Family Development employees who have a SPO 24-30 base position that requires delegation under the Child, Family and Community Services Act (CFCSA).
- NOTE: If this education was obtained outside of Canada, you need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through the International Credential Evaluation Services ( ICES ). You must provide a comprehensive report and the MCFD supplemental report by the closing date of this posting to be considered; OR A candidate may be considered equivalent when they are registered and a member in good standing with the BC College of Social Workers or has a letter from the College confirming that their application for registration has been approved.
Human Services fields include:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Human Services field OR Bachelor's Degree witha Major/Honors in a Human Services OR Master's level graduate Certificate/Diploma in a Human Services field AFTER the completion of an unrelated Bachelor's Degree.
- PLUS, a minimum of two years of recent related OR job-specific work experience.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- NOTE: If this education was obtained outside of Canada, you need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through the International Credential Evaluation Services ( ICES ). You must provide a basic report by the closing date of this posting to be considered.
Psychology, Sociology, Criminology, Anthropology, Early Childhood Education, Indigenous Studies, Education, Theology or Nursing.Additional Experience Requirements:
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- A minimum of two years of job specific experience.
- Recent work experience (within last 5 years) in Child Protection.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Currently holds or immediately eligible to obtain full delegation (C6) under the Child, Family and Community Services Act (CFSCA).
- Experience working with Indigenous children, youth, families and/or communities.
- Preferred education credentials AND/OR in-service Ministry of Children and Family Development employees who hold a regular SPO 24-30 base position that requires delegation under the Child, Family and Community Services Act (CFCSA).
- Recent work experience (within last 2 years) with Intake Screening.
- Experience supervising staff in a virtual setting.
- Applicants who self-identify as First Nations, Métis or Inuit with the required combination of education and experience.
Please refer to the Job Profile located in the additional information section at the bottom of the posting for:
- A Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA) will be required.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Definition of a family and child welfare practicum.
- Definition of recent and a full list of related work experience.
- Definition of recent job specific experience.
- Willingness/proviso statements.
- Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies.
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE)
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.Job Category
Leadership and Management, Social Services
Management and Executive