Description What to expect as a DevOps Engineer Co-op on the Engineering Productivity & Tooling team at Elastic Path?
Elastic Path's ecommerce platforms are sophisticated, API-first , enterprise solutions that power leading and up-and-coming brands around the world. Our engineering teams work with enterprise-grade & cloud-native tools and processes to deliver highly-scalable, flexible and exciting cloud services to push past the limits and exceed the needs of very well-known and demanding brands.
You will be a full member of our Engineering Productivity & Tooling team, working in a very dynamic environment where your energy and ideas will always be valued. You will help design, develop and deliver code, tools and pipelines to internal Elastic Path teams. These solutions empower our colleagues at Elastic Path to continuously become more efficient and effective at their jobs! Our largest internal customer is the rest of the Elastic Path development team, but we often use our skills to provide solutions across the company. Location & Start Date:
We are looking for students to be based anywhere in Canada. This is a fully remote position. Elastic Path is a Remote First employer, and you'll have the tools to work from anywhere suits you best.
This will be a 12 or 16 month co-op position starting Fall 2022.
Please attach both your resume & university transcript when applying for this position. Key Responsibilities:
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position ?
- Leverage your training to assist with the design, development and delivery of tools, integration pipelines and software solutions.
- Become proficient with cloud-native tools and agile development processes.
- Work closely with and become an important part of a diverse team of industry professionals.
- Work with the team to understand the assignments and then set commitments.
- Work independently to meet your commitments, with team support when needed.
- Work with the team to review, test and enhance your solutions, and learn the processes and tools required to see them deployed!
What optional experiences would be bonuses?
- You are smart and talented and like working with smart and talented people.
- You are a self-starter who embraces new challenges and helps solve complex problems.
- You are ambitious and aspire to grow your skills and crave feedback to help you do that.
- You always strive to make a positive difference to the teams and products you have worked on.
- You are disciplined and driven to learn something new every day.
Who we are :
- A love of and experience automating manual work
- Experience with setting up build, test, deploy and release pipelines
- Experience with Docker container technology
- Comfort with command line interfaces
- Experience with scripting languages: Bash, Python, Groovy
- Experience with software test frameworks and tools
- Experience installing Linux application stacks; containerized or otherwise
- Experience with version control systems like Git
- Experience with object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Experience contributing to an open-source project
Elastic Path is the company powering mission-critical digital commerce for the world's leading brands, such as Tesla, Intuit, Pella, Deckers Brands, T-Mobile, and over 250 other leading enterprises. We pioneered the Headless Commerce space in 2011 and spearheaded Composable Commerce in 2020. Our vision is to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software.
Our culture is best described as supportive and driven. Our employees are passionate about what they do and work hard. They are committed to the greater team and always willing to support others.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by. The Perks?
At Elastic Path, we go the extra mile to provide you & your family with exceptional benefits, wherever you may be located. You can check out our specific perks by geography on our careers page . Apply Now!
Elastic Path is an equal opportunities employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We value and celebrate diversity in its many forms, and we strive to provide an inclusive and safe workplace where each person feels respected, supported, and accepted - however they choose to identify.
Software and Programming