Are you interested in being part of a fast-paced technology company driving innovative payments to consumers around the world? Amazon Payment Products team builds systems that support payment products across the globe and are growing at an unprecedented scale. The products include Amazon Co-Branded Credit Cards, Private Labeled Credit Cards (PLCC), Co-Branded Debit Cards, Shop with Points, and Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) Credit Line.
We are looking for a technically strong engineering leader to define the three-year architectural vision for Credit Card Servicing solutions. You will help influence the team's technical and business strategy by making insightful contributions to priorities and approach, setting the standard for engineering excellence, taking the lead in identifying and solving ambiguous technical problems, architecture deficiencies, or areas where your team's software bottlenecks the innovation of other teams and collaborate and influence other teams throughout the greater Amazon Payment Products organization. To achieve results through others, you will demonstrate technical influence over the different individual teams, either via a collaborative software effort or by increasing their productivity and effectiveness by driving software engineering best practices. You'll also lead design reviews for the organization, actively participate in design and program reviews and actively mentor other engineers
As a Development Manager, you will identify, hire and build a world-class team of Development Engineers to define, drive and execute on this vision. You will initiate processes that allow the team to collaborate with local as well as global teams with a high degree of efficiency. You will develop a team of highly motivated and talented individuals that can collaborate with Project Managers, Product Managers, and SDEs across the company on this high-impact initiative.
Key job responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and managing complex projects with significant bottom-line impact
- Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities for the customers to manage their payment product
- Work closely with software engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Project management - prioritization, planning of projects and features, Stakeholder management, and tracking of external commitments
- Operational Excellence - monitoring & operation of production services
- Career management and development of direct reports
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- 3+ years of experience in building and leading strong software engineering teams, and proven ability to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects.
- 8+ years of Software Development experience; 5+ years of experience in multi-tier software architecture and applications
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
- Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
- Software development experience in Linux, Java, RDBMS, building web services and highly scalable applications
- Big-data technologies and ML algorithms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Managed a team of 6+ engineers
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Strong business and technical vision
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming