Are you interested in Aviation and Air Cargo? Then come soar with the Air Science and Tech team! We are looking for a Software Development Manager to grow and lead multiple software development teams.
The Amazon Aviation Science & Technology (AST) team is building all the products, science models and decision support tools for Amazon Air. The team supports hybrid remote work.
Key job responsibilities
As the Software Development Manager you will:
- Hire and develop the best engineering team
- Establish and execute short and long-term roadmaps for the business
- Lead engineering teams to translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Deliver systems and features with top-notch quality and on time
- Effectively present work to all levels of the leadership.
- Be an effective collaborator in a cross functional team of Managers, Engineers, Scientists, Technical Program Managers, and Product Managers.
- Drive continual improvements to the efficiency and flexibility of the business platform while keeping an extremely high bar customer trust, performance, and availability.
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- A deep understanding of software development, architecture, and infrastructure.
- Knowledge of engineering best practices and system design fundamentals
- Exposure to Agile and Scrum development methodologies
- Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
- Ability to align efforts of disparate groups to achieve a common goal
• Ability to create the business and technical vision for their organization
• Proven experience in defining the proper organizational structure for a team
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment with minimal outside direction, while constantly advancing long term goal
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• Ability to deep dive with an analytical and metrics-driven mindset
• Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming