Would you like to be a part of a technology team that enables one of the most profitable businesses at Amazon.com?
The Amazon Payments Products team is responsible for developing the platform and applications used to introduce new and innovative payment methods to customers as well as support Amazon's global CoBrand and Private label credit cards along with the world's largest rewards catalog, Shop with Points. This team helps Amazon expand globally by providing platform for FX (Foreign Exchange) and enabling payments in multiple currencies. The technology we build and operate varies widely, ranging from large scale Distributed Engineering incorporating the latest from Machine Learning in the Big Data space to customer and mobile friendly User Experiences. We are an agile team, moving quickly in collaboration with our business to bring new features to millions of Amazon customers while having fun and filing new inventions along the way. If you can think big and want to join a fast moving team breaking new ground at Amazon we would like to speak with you!
Key job responsibilities
As an SDM in ACCB, you will be in charge of a team of approx 7 SDEs. You will be in charge of raising the team Operational excellence quality, keeping infrustructure cost under control, and you will be leading the team in delivering business initiatives, working closely with the ACCB PMs team. You will have the ownership of at least one high availability and high traffic service (Tier-1), and several services with lower volume and responsibility. Your team will be in charge of new feature development end-to-end (from frontend to backend and accounting), and mandatory migration and maintanance effort.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- BS in computer science or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in software development management
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Master's in computer science or equivalent preferred
- Demonstrated the ability to manage a project from scoping requirements through to actual launch of project
- Demonstrated the ability to work with different stakeholders in different roles (software developers, product managers, software development managers)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive