Have you used an Amazon Echo? Or Alexa enabled devices? Alexa is one of Amazon's most innovative services to date, and has changed the way millions of customers use their voices to interact with devices and the world around them. To keep up with rapid growth in demand , Amazon Digital Products is looking for an exceptional software engineer to expand Alexa's core experiences for third party Alexa devices.
We are looking for a passionate engineer with experience in building innovative solutions for wide variety of applications. This role will be at the core of the Alexa experience across all Amazon and external devices. You will be able to work with a tight-knit, enthusiastic team developing new capabilities while constantly improving the performance, efficiency, reducing footprint of solutions that unlock new device categories and use cases every day.
- Building software that enables integration of Alexa voice and multi-modal services into compelling applications that run on millions of Echo family devices, and Alexa-enabled Devices.
- Driving engineering best practices (e.g., Operational Excellence, Security, Quality, etc.) and setting high standards.
- Constant focus on energy efficiency, memory efficiency to deliver consistently better product while reducing customer's cost and energy footprint.
- Taking a long-term view of architecture, proactively fixing deficiencies with constant improvement of end product.
- Contributing to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and engineering practices
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience developing objected-oriented software, with thorough experience in one or more relevant language (Java, C#, C++, Ruby, Python)
- 2+ years of experience building distributed systems
- Experience solving infrastructure software architectural and design issues
- Understanding of performance, memory, I/O, and threading in C++ or C#
- Understanding of asynchronous and distributed systems problems
- Understanding of issues around fault tolerance and scale-out
- Experience with NoSQL datastores such as Cassandra, HBase, or DynamoDB
- Experience with a component dependency-injection frameworks such as Spring
- Outstanding adherence to project deadlines and understands the balance between doing it right and getting the job done
- Works well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements
- Has shipped an embedded system
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming