Have you imagined that your work will affect millions of Amazon Customers' shopping experience? Are you interested in developing systems that deal with billions of records in near real time? Amazon Listing Management and Quality team is looking for you to join for improving listing quality of our Selling Partners and in turn improving the shopping experience on Amazon retail websites. Our team is working on building the infrastructure and systems to prioritize quality recommendations for Selling Partners to action on, which in hundred millions of scale daily. It powers the experience in Listing Quality Dashboard, a Seller Central feature, to let Selling Partners to improve their product listings.
We are looking for strong software engineers to drive the key engineering designs and implementations of Listing Quality Dashboard. You will leverage cutting edge technology in AWS to build scalable, high throughput and low latency systems. You will get the opportunity to work together with a group of talented engineers through your experience of large scale. The ideal candidates must also be innovative, flexible, self-directed, and able to design and write high-performance, reliable, maintainable code. The ability to function at a very high level in a fast paced environment along with a team of very talented engineers is essential.
As part of this job, you will be responsible for:
1. Participating in the design, development, implementation, testing and documentation of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using [Java, ReactJS, Object Oriented Design, Distributed Programming].
2. Translating functional requirements into robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture.
3. Participating in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
4. Producing comprehensive, usable software documentation. Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools.
5. Mentoring junior development engineers.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of non-internship professional experience
• Experience in designing and implementing distributed systems with high throughput using AWS services.
• Excellent problem solving skills; ability to simplify and innovate
• Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to mentor junior engineers and influence technical roadmap
Software and Programming