Amazon is revolutionizing how customers shop online and we are revolutionizing how Amazon developers develop those online shopping experiences. Come be part of that revolution! Help us build the foundations that will scale to the growing needs of Amazon developers, while making them more efficient, less prone to errors and at the same time providing the flexibility and agility that they expect.
You will use your technical prowess to deliver on challenging problems with simple, maintainable and extensible solutions. You will take risks and experiment, define and deliver solutions in small chunks, build on success from the past and learn from failures. You will work alongside a team that collaborates and takes on shared goals to deliver solutions that are larger than each individual. You learn from others, and in turn make others around you better.
You will have the opportunity to impact the technical choices we make at Amazon and how Amazon developers develop. This is a place where you can apply and further your strong technical skills while delivering impactful business results. Amazon is a place where builders build, and we enable Amazon builders. It's still Day One. Help us build the future.
- Own the design and implementation of systems supporting a wide range of use cases, at high scale with high quality.
- Collaborate within a team and across other teams to launch best in class technical solutions.
- Optimize, tune and maintain quality, performance and availability of systems.
- Learn and be curious, and in turn teach, mentor and grow other engineers.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• A strong sense of curiosity and willingness to learn, building knowledge and skills that this role requires.
• An ability to decompose and solve ambiguous problems through proven design skills and analytical approach.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment, driving operational excellence and best practices across the team.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience with the Scrum methodology (or similar alternatives) for agile software development.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in cloud-based distributed software design and development, especially utilizing AWS services.
• Experience designing software architectures for scalability, reliability and performance.
• Experience building complex highly-scalable systems that evolve over time.
- OFCCP Compliance: refers to a set of regulations that safeguard against discriminatory hiring and employment practices. Everyone involved in writing and approving job descriptions, including hiring managers and recruiters, are responsible for ensuring that job requisitions are written and posted in a compliant manner, and that postings include information on Amazon's EEO/AA commitment. Full information can be found at the OFCCP Inside Page
- Diversity: Amazon seeks to hire a diverse talent pool and job descriptions are often the first view a potential candidate has into Amazon's culture and career opportunities. Gender bias in job descriptions can dissuade candidates from applying; therefore Amazon focuses on creating gender neutral job descriptions that attract diverse personalities, skillsets and leadership styles. To learn more Click here. Additionally, when your job description is complete, run it through the Gender Neutralizer for real time feedback.
- Writing a compelling job description: Amazon has a large volume of jobs posted on external applicant websites, and thus it is often the case that one job may get lost in the pool of positions available to candidates. Putting thought and creativity into a job's title and description can help it stand out from the crowd and attract more applicants. To learn more about writing compelling job descriptions, Click here
Software and Programming