Want to participate in building the next generation of online and in-store payment services that support numerous countries and emerging payment methods? We are seeking talented software engineers to join one of the fastest growing areas in Amazon's e-commerce services platform.
We are re-architecting Payments APIs to offer modern customer experience to support emerging payments methods for online and in-store businesses. You can get exposure to world's largest payments processing APIs and participate in building innovative payments solutions.
We want to move all the money in the world! We deliver game-changing financial processing power for some of the world's largest technology platforms including Amazon.com, Prime, Amazon Kindle, Amazon Web Services, Digital Businesses and Physical Stores. We build systems that process payments at an unprecedented scale, with accuracy, speed, and mission-critical availability. We innovate to improve customer experience across the globe, with support for currency choice, in-store payments, pay on delivery, credit and debit payments, seller disbursements, gift cards, and many new exciting and challenging ideas are in the works.
The Amazon Payments Services processes millions of transactions every day across numerous countries and payment methods. Over 500 million customers and merchants send tens of billions of dollars moving at light-speed through our systems annually. Come challenge yourself in our team-oriented atmosphere, and watch yourself grow with one of the fastest growing areas of the Amazon e-commerce services platform.
In this role, you will take on development and design challenges. You will be empowered to think big, invent on behalf of our customers, make judgment calls and find elegant solutions to hard problems. You will design, own deliverables end-to-end, and influence technical decisions in your engineering team. If you're excited by cloud computing and Data Infrastructure, designing highly scalable, fault tolerant systems, and want to be challenged by the toughest computer science problems, then join us to build the next generation systems.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key job responsibilities
As a Software Development Engineer you will:
- Collaborate in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful internet-scale systems and services in support of our commerce operations and the businesses they support.
- Help define our secure, scalable, distributed and event-driven systems.
- Work with extraordinary teams delivering demanding projects.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Understand system interdependencies and limitations.
- Share your knowledge of the most effective performance, scalability, architecture, and engineering patterns and methods.
Come join us if you are passionate about building products and teams with an Amazon scale.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or at least 3 years of relevant work experience
- 3+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Solid experience in C++ or Java (expert in at least one)
- Good technical experience developing large scale applications
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
- Good experience with source code control tools (e.g. git, Perforce)
- Experience designing high-performance, scalable architectures
- Experienced with agile development approaches like SCRUM
- Knowledge of relational databases such as Oracle or MySQL.
- MS in Computer Science
- Exposure to design patterns
- At least 3-5 years of recent experience with multi-tiered solutions, database interactions, UNIX/Linux and support of production applications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming