AWS Shield team is the frontline defense for all DDoS threats world-wide, against all Amazon & AWS customers and services. Our architecture must be highly scalable, performant, and continually evolve against threats as they emerge.
AWS Shield team is looking for software engineers to solve challenging distributed systems problems on a global scale and continually deliver new capabilities on our control plane to meet the needs of our customers world-wide. We use various technologies including Java, AWS native tools as EC2, DynamoDB, AWS Elastic Search, AWS Identity and Access Management and others.
Candidates who enjoy the challenges of scaling a global architecture, have deep analytical skills and excellent communication skills will find the AWS Shield team to be inline with their interests and desire for a challenge. You must be able to highly collaborate, be creative, analytical and thrive in fast-paced environments, all while interacting with highly technical software and networking development teams.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Due to Covid-19 situation, our team currently works from home. We generally keep core working hours from 10am to 4pm. About half of us starts the day earlier and the other half of us stay later.
Mentorship &, Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
More about AWS Shield : https://aws.amazon.com/shield
Job location is Seattle, WA. Relocation assistance available.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Master's degree in a technology related field (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics)
- Proven success in delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment
- Experience building complex and distributed software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Demonstrated experience as a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and effectively influence across cross functional teams
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with track record for delivering results in fast-moving and demanding environments
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming