Welcome Builders to the exciting opportunity. To participate in building next generation of cool, game changing and "confidential" initiative in Payments / Fintech space with-in Amazon.
We are seeking talented software engineers to join one of the fastest growing areas in Amazon's Payments engineering platform and e-commerce services.
We are build new architecture, APIs to offer modern customer experience in emerging payments methods for online and in-store businesses. You can get exposure to world's largest payments processing APIs and participate in building innovative payments solutions.
We build systems that process payments at an unprecedented scale, with accuracy, speed, and mission-critical availability
We want to move all the money in the world! We deliver game-changing financial processing power for some of the world's largest technology platforms including Amazon.com, Prime, Amazon Kindle, Amazon Web Services, Digital Businesses and Physical Stores. We innovate to improve customer experience across the globe, with support for currency choice, in-store payments, pay on delivery, credit and debit payments, seller disbursements, gift cards, and many new exciting and challenging ideas are in the works.
The Amazon Payments Services processes millions of transactions every day across numerous countries and payment methods. Over hundreds of millions of customers and merchants send tens of billions of dollars moving at light-speed through our systems annually. Come challenge yourself in our team-oriented atmosphere, and watch yourself grow with one of the fastest growing areas of the Amazon e-commerce services platform.
Key job responsibilities
The ideal candidate must be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions, customer-centric products, and utilizing agile development processes. Other preferred skillsets:
- 0-1 years of experience in building large scale service based system from ground up
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Exhibits strong software development qualities including the solutions to complex problems, good technical judgment, clear communication, engagement and teamwork, and can drive quality
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 3+ years of relevant work experience
- 1+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Solid experience in C++ or Java (expert in at least one)
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of Cloud systems
- Knowledge of Data engineering and Machine learning
- Good technical experience developing large scale applications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming