AWS Payments is looking for talented and passionate engineers with strong technical and business systems backgrounds to shape the new generation of payments services and products, defining AWS customers' payment experience, being critical to the success of our customer's businesses and directly impact AWS's growth and international expansion efforts. You will have the opportunity to influence hundreds of millions of customers globally, and contribute to the continued success and expansion of AWS.
If you're excited by cloud computing, designing highly scalable, fault tolerant systems, and want to be challenged by the toughest computer science problems, then join us to build the AWS Payments next generation systems!
Key job responsibilities
In this role, you will take on development and design challenges. You will be empowered to think big, invent on behalf of our customers, make judgment calls and find elegant solutions to hard problems. You will design, own deliverables end-to-end, and influence technical decisions in your engineering team.
A day in the life
As an engineer within AWS Payments, you will be part of a team of high performing engineers. You will interface with many teams across AWS including our Billing, Payments and Financial groups, building high-scale payment processing systems that will seamlessly meet B2B needs for AWS customers. In order to meet the needs of AWS' businesses, these next generation services must have self-service features, be configuration driven, and deliver superior operational excellence. Additionally, AWS services need to be highly scalable, extremely secure, and have near real time response times.
About the team
AWS Payments enables hundreds of millions of customers globally to pay for AWS products and services, and understand their financial status. We process millions of invoices every month, for billions of dollars of IT usage and spend, collect payments, and account for revenue. As security, accuracy and availability are critical to our customers, our AWS Payments team's mission is to provide world-class secure, compliant, accurate and multi-region Payments systems, for our customers across the world.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 3+ years of software development experience.
- 1+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C#.
- In-depth knowledge of CS data structures and algorithms.
- Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
- Working knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- 7+ years of software development experience.
- Experience building extremely high volume and highly scalable web services.
- Experience building highly available systems and operating 24x7 services.
- Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming