The AWS Business Platform team is looking for talented and passionate senior engineers with strong technical and business systems backgrounds to build the Orchestration and Rules platform that supports AWS Payments. We are bringing to reality our next-generation of Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) systems that enable us to implement customer facing features that are critical to the success of our customer's businesses and directly impact AWS's growth and international expansion efforts.
AWS Payments enables customers to pay for AWS products and services, generating billions of dollars in revenue. Our teams provide customers with a world class customer experience on payments and financial management. The AWS Business Platform team is a critical part of AWS Payments, providing the PaaS systems that accelerate and scale our business.
You will have the opportunity to influence hundreds of millions of customers globally, creating products used by thousands of companies worldwide, and contributing to the continued success and expansion of AWS. As an engineer within AWS Business Platform, you will be part of a team of high performing engineers. You will interface with many teams across AWS including our Billing, Payments and Financial groups.
Key job responsibilities
As a Software Development Engineer you will:
- Collaborate in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful internet-scale platform services in support of our AWS Payments operations and the businesses they support.
- Help define our secure, scalable, distributed and event-driven systems.
- Work with extraordinary teams delivering demanding projects.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Understand system inter-dependencies and limitations.
- Share your knowledge of the most effective performance, scalability, architecture, and engineering patterns and methods.
A day in the life
In this role, you will take on development and design challenges. You will be empowered to think big, invent on behalf of our customers, make judgment calls and find elegant solutions to hard problems. You will design, own deliverables end-to-end, and influence technical decisions in your engineering team. If you're excited by cloud computing and machine learning, designing highly scalable, fault tolerant systems, and want to be challenged by the toughest computer science problems, then join us to build the next generation systems.
About the team
We are building high scale payment processing systems that will seamlessly meet B2B needs for AWS customers. In order to meet the needs of AWS' businesses, these next generation services must have self-service features, be configuration driven, and deliver superior operational excellence. Additionally, AWS Business Platform services need to be highly scalable, extremely secure, and have near real time response times.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C#.
- In-depth knowledge of CS data structures and algorithms.
- Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
- Working knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Experience building extremely high volume and highly scalable web services.
- Experience building highly available systems and operating 24x7 services.
- Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming