As an experienced Software Engineer in Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) team, you will help make EKS the most reliable place to run containerized workloads on Kubernetes at massive scale (10,000 or more nodes per cluster).
We are building a new service offering as part of our EKS family of service offering, which entails building all aspects of a highly available, highly scalable service from the ground up.
In this critical role, you will have the opportunity to design the architecture, working closely together with our Senior Engineers community and engage in ground breaking work to develop and deliver a world class solution.
You're looking for an opportunity to have world-changing impact at one of the most innovative companies on Earth. You're excited about open source and want to help design, deliver, and operate a revolutionary new AWS service, within the Amazon EKS family. You are a strong developer with a background in large scale distributed systems, Linux systems development, and/or networking, and are energized by the idea of helping us make AWS the best place to run containers and Kubernetes.
We're a new team within AWS EKS that are building a net new service offering to address a complex challenge required by some of our biggest customers. We contribute back to the EKS core service and the K8S open source community and collaborate closely with other teams at AWS to deliver this ground breaking new capability.
Some of the unprecedented things you'll get to do here:
• Collaborate with the community to integrate AWS services with Kubernetes and this new offering
• Maintain upstream projects related to Amazon EKS, Kubernetes, and the open source community
• Drive the architecture of a new type of Kubernetes offering
• Recommend architectural improvements to Kubernetes
• Work on large scale problems both on the control plane and data plane
• Incubate revolutionary ideas that benefit Kubernetes and Amazon EKS
• Work closely with the Product teams to address customer requirements
• Mentor and lead junior engineers on design and coding best practices
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically three days a month, and also includes solving problems reported by customers. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, C# or python including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Experience with Computer Science fundamentals (ex. object-oriented and distributed systems design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis)
• Experience building and operating highly-available services.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Interest or experience in working with Kubernetes
#kubernetes #golang #cloud #eks #containers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming