Come make the world more secure
The Amazon Macie team is looking for a strong software engineer to help build the future of the service. Amazon Macie is a security service that uses data loss prevention techniques and machine learning to automatically discover, classify, and protect sensitive data in AWS. Amazon Macie recognizes sensitive data such as personally identifiable information (PII) or intellectual property, and provides you with dashboards and alerts that give visibility into how this data is being accessed or moved. The fully managed service continuously monitors data access activity for anomalies, and generates detailed alerts when it detects risk of unauthorized access or inadvertent data leaks. We are innovating new ways of building massively scalable and globally distributed security systems for assisting our customers with security and compliance.
We are seeking a strong Software Development Engineer who is passionate about working on highly scalable systems that processes billions of objects and petabytes of information. You will get opportunity to be part of the expansion of Macie's core classification capabilities. You will enjoy working on complex software systems in a customer-centric environment, writing high performance code that is scalable and maintainable.
This is a full-stack development position, leaning towards back-end work.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key job responsibilities
* Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring innovative products and services to market.
* Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment, and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
* Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to innovative technologies at incredible scale and speed.
* Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.
* Ability to design and code the right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
* Work in an agile environment to deliver high-quality software.
About the team
We're in an exciting space, helping customers understand where sensitive data is in their environments and ensured that it's adequately protected. We value growing engineers, innovating our way around hard problems, and of course working backwards from customer needs.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
* Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
* Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software developmentPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Familiarity with machine learning concepts.
* Previous technical internship(s), if applicable.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming