Do you want to be part of a brand new AWS service taking on a new product line for AWS, enabling developers to bring maps and other geospatial features to their applications? Do you think advanced client side SDKs including map rendering engines are cool? If yes, check out this opportunity.
With Amazon Location Service
, customers can easily add capabilities such as maps, points of interest, geocoding, geofences, and tracking to applications. They retain control of their location data, so that they can combine proprietary data with data from the service without their private information ever leaving their AWS account. Amazon Location provides cost-effective location-based services using high-quality data from global, trusted providers Esri and HERE. With Amazon Location's affordable data, tracking and geofencing capabilities, and built-in metrics for health monitoring, customers can bring sophisticated location-enabled applications to production quickly, without the high cost of custom development.
We are looking for software engineer early on in their career to join the Amazon Location team that just launched the new Amazon Location Service. What you may still be developing in experience you make up for with current technical skills and a double dose of energy and passion.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
As on our team you will be part of an on-call rotation, typically for one week every two months. Your team members, Sr. SDEs and managers will support you in your onboarding to operating a service at AWS, and will genuinely be happy to jump in and help.
Mentorship and Career Growth
We are dedicated to supporting the growth of our engineers through mentorship and knowledge sharing. Each of our team members has a mentor to guide them on questions relevant to their work and career. You'll be surrounded with experience and senior engineers in the team who will help you onboard to your new role, and to our tech solution.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
A day in the life
Start your day, grab a coffee (or tea), say hi to your team, participate in the daily standup, participate in a design review meeting, work on a sprint task, and then join our weekly knowledge sharing session.
About the team
Our team is passionate about location, privacy, and building modern serverless applications. We believe that location is a concept that people need to bring to and embed within their applications. We want to provide an easy way for AWS customers to do this while not comprising on privacy. And we want to do all this while building things in a modern serverless way on the AWS cloud.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
• Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices. Full stack experience is a bonus.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Experience with distributed systems and web services design and implementation.
• AWS product experience and development on the AWS platform.
• Experience communicating with users, software development engineering teams, management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.
• High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming