Are you a passionate, talented software engineer who has experience building innovative, mission-critical, high volume solutions that customers love? Come build the future with us and make a positive impact on our customer experience around the globe.
Alexa and Devices is interested in you! We are now hiring software development engineers across many diverse teams within Alexa and Devices. We are now hiring software development engineers across many diverse teams at Amazon in Vancouver. As part of our "Best Fit" hiring process, you only submit one application, and you will be automatically considered for multiple software engineer job opportunities that match your preferences. Then, you choose your team!
As a software development engineer on Amazon's many diverse teams, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of product features from beginning to end. Grow your career and gain opportunities to invent and innovate new technologies, solve highly complex problems at scale, and deliver game-changing products and services.
You will design and implement critical features in either front-end, back-end, or full-stack interfaces/systems for consumer or internal-facing products, depending on the team you choose. Your standards of the software built will be high, since it has the potential be extended for multiple use cases, for even greater impact. As an effective communicator, you understand the requirements of your customers and stakeholders and drive consensus between multiple teams to deliver software effectively. You are curious to learn new and complex technologies and willing to train new teammates on how the team's software works.
Sound like you? Our tech teams hiring and want to hear from you. Amazon teams include, Alexa Experiences, Entertainment, AI Engineering, and Device Software.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 3 years of experience building successful production software systems
• A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field)
• 3+ years of object-oriented software development experience with focus on building complex applications for mobile platforms either on iOS using Objective-C or Android using Java and Android SDK framework.
• Experience with multi-threading and mobile device memory management.
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
By submitting your application here, you can save time by being considering for multiple software development engineer openings, at the same level, across various Amazon teams through our "Best Fit" process.
Here's how our "Best Fit" Hiring Process works:
1. Submit your application by clicking below - this is for all open jobs in Vancouver.
2. Complete and pass your online assessment, and share personal preferences such as tech stack, work style, and more.
3. Interview with a group of Amazonians in consideration for several open software development engineer jobs that match your preferences.
4. Pass the interviews successfully and get matched to jobs based on your preferences.
5. Choose your team!
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE POSITIONS ARE BASED IN VANCOUVER. If you're excited to work in Vancouver, please apply now! If you are interested in other locations, we are also hiring software development engineers in 30+ other cities currently in North America - visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/landing_pages/software-engineer-jobs to see all locations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming