What We're Building
Spare is on a mission to accelerate the shift towards efficient and autonomous mobility by enabling anyone to plan, launch, scale, and analyze a smart transportation network in seconds. We’re cultivating greener, more transit-friendly cities by deploying the next generation in public transportation: on-demand transit. Whether that’s with the leading on-demand transit service in North America, or being the first on-demand service in Japan, our platform is powering transportation globally.
Want to join the rocket ship and drive the future of transportation with us?
DevOps Engineers brings reliability to our software delivery 📐
Spare powers transportation systems all around the world by delivering a best in class Driver App, Rider App, Admin Portal, API and Routing/Matching Engine. Spare’s DevOps Engineer will work on maintaining complex infrastructure and delivering a highly reliable product,whilst continuously improve the developer experience.
You will 🚀
* Review and improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
* Manage and improve multiple facets of our development cycle, including GCP Kubernetes clusters, Istio service mesh and Helm deployment process
* Design, build, and maintain tools and infrastructure that guarantees service availability and performance
* Build and manage automated E2E Mobile App testing environments
* Be versed in cloud solutions, architecture, related technologies and their interdependencies
* Participate in on-call schedule for critical system failures and downtime
* Work with engineers across the company to help build and manage CI/CD pipelines
You may be fit for this role if you 👌
* 3+ years of DevOps experience, preferably in a start-up environment
* Have experience in Kubernetes, Node.JS, TypeScript, Docker, React Native, and SQL databases
* Have experience building and owning infrastructure that is reliable and guarantees uptime, in a fast paced environment
* Build and maintain infrastructure-as-code using modern technologies
* Built CI/CD pipelines and mobile release processes
* Think about systems — their edge cases, failure modes, and lifecycles and pre-emptively find solutions to these problems
* Can debug complex problems across the whole stack
* Love developing stunning products, both in design and functionality, that people use on a daily basis
* Enjoy learning and have a curious mind
* Are passionate about transportation and the ever evolving MaaS industry
* Thrive in a fun, highly collaborative work environment with a flat organizational structure
Other exciting challenges you may work on 🤩
* Rearchitecting server infrastructure to improve service availability
* Build features to help Spare expand to new geographies in a reliable way
* Improve engineering processes to help ensure 99.99% uptime
* Scale our databases and server infrastructure to handle 10-100x the load they can today
* Grow our DevOps team and culture!
What’s it like to work at Spare 🤔?
Spare is on a mission to help accelerate the global shift to autonomous vehicles by enabling anyone to realize, launch, and analyze a smart transportation network in seconds. Spare makes it easy for transit agencies and automakers to quickly launch new on-demand operations around the world. Spare's customers span four continents and include Toyota, Mitsubishi Corporation, Dallas Area Rapid Transit, Kolumbus, and more.
We strive to build a diverse company full of inclusive, fun, hard working people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. We look for the kind of people who are dedicated to going above and beyond, and will build up the team as a whole by helping each team member achieve their own individual goals.
Spare is for the creative, the personal, the passionate, the uncompromising, and those who want to truly understand the impact transportation has on daily life. We’re still at the beginning of our story, and every team member has a key role in where we are headed.