Senior Specialist, Vendor Risk
Location: Remote within, BC, CA
Job Function: Finance Corporate Services and Internal Audit Employment Information: Job Type:
Permanent , Full Time Salary Range:
$78,198.00 - $97,747.00 - $122,185.00 Expected Salary:
Our typical hiring range will be +/- 10% of the midpoint listed above. Factors influencing this decision include qualifications and market conditions for the role. Overview:
BCLC's two offices are located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam Indian Band), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples in Vancouver and the Tk'emlúps te Secwépemc territory, situated within the Secwépemc Nation in Kamloops. We honour and respect the people, the territory, and the land we are part of.
Joining the Finance & Corporate services team at BCLC means you'll be working with a dedicated group of talented professionals in Corporate Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Procurement, Business Continuity, Facilities, and Business Services.
The financial management of a complex organization including lottery operations, casino & community gaming, and eGaming business units, which collectively took in over $1.4 billion in net income last year falls within this group.
Working with revenues of well over half a billion dollars in fiscal 2019, an increase over the previous fiscal year, approximately 20% of BCLC's total revenues which represents BCLC's largest player base, our Lottery finance operations group is responsible for recording the gross gaming wagers and direct costs related to Lottery operations including manually recording lottery transactions, ILC funding and reimbursements, instant game management and more.
As a Crown Corporation that earns more than a billion dollars in annual revenue, BCLC's commitment to giving funds back to the province is an integral part of our business, but still only one piece of the picture. At BCLC, we exist to generate win-wins for the greater good. We believe everything we do must benefit the well-being of all involved. Through our Social Purpose, we aspire to make sure, in all of our endeavours and transactions and relationships - in the most important sense of life, livelihood, meaning, and well-being - nobody loses, and every person we touch comes out ahead. BCLC is committed to creating a welcoming workplace where everyone feels safe, included, and valued. For us, that means building a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We all are winners when differences are respected, valued and celebrated. Job Summary:
The Senior Specialist, Vendor Risk provides technical expertise and guidance on the development, implementation, and management of corporate procurement practices at BCLC in alignment with BCLC's enterprise strategy and business objectives. This role works collaboratively with internal business clients and support functions, BCLC contract owners, BCLC vendors and third-party partners, as well as leaders throughout the organization, to execute corporate procurement programs. Key Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Executes enterprise-wide long and short-term corporate procurement program goals, targets, and metrics to effectively maximize value and achieve business objectives. Contributes to internal performance monitoring, progress reporting and continuous improvement.
- Assesses and upholds the infrastructure that will improve and enhance BCLC's corporate procurement program practices including program framework, reporting requirements, metrics, risk mitigation strategies, escalation thresholds, and standard operating procedures.
- Collaborates with business units to embed corporate procurement program practices into BCLC's activities, encouraging integration into business processes. Promotes behavior-changing initiatives to improve corporate procurement program adoption at BCLC.
- Maintains awareness of emerging trends, risks and opportunities, best practices, and stakeholder and partner expectations to inform corporate and departmental plans and decisions. Implements effective mitigation strategies that reduce risk exposure in corporate procurement program matters.
- Supports leaders, functions, and departments to integrate corporate procurement program practices at the operational level. Provides expertise, guidance, and leadership to a wide range of projects. Takes the lead on policy development, reviews, and updates.
- Participates in the development, maintenance and presentation of informational and educational materials that improve greater understanding of roles, methodologies and processes related to corporate procurement programs to all levels of internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- Represents BCLC interests and maximizes value in interactions and strategic relationships with external stakeholders and partners.
- Acts as delegate for their leader as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline;
- 4-6 years relevant corporate procurement program related experience, including at least 3 years portfolio-specific experience;
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP), Certified Professional Purchasing (CCP), Institute for Supply Management (ISM) or similar/related designation/certification;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
Portfolio Specific Accountabilities:
- Working knowledge of relevant standards, practices, processes and integration;
- Working knowledge of relevant provincial, federal, and global standards, legislation, regulations and legal requirements including trade legislation;
- Demonstrated ability to build trusting relationships leading and coordinating multi-party and stakeholder collaborations;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-level project-based environment with emphasis on timelines and delivery;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Strong business acumen with a results-oriented focus;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to handle situations with tact and diplomacy;
- Knowledge and understanding of agile methodologies is an asset;
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry is an asset.
- Sound working knowledge of vendor risk management standards, practices, processes, in both the private and public sector;
- Leads risk domain collaboration including the areas of cyber security, privacy, ESG (environment, social, and governance), business continuity, financial, and enterprise risk management;
- Conducts vendor segmentation, leads inherent risk assessments and due diligence processes and prepares and delivers vendor risk reporting;
- Analyzes vendor risk and recommends risk management and mitigation strategies. Develops and oversees vendor risk management and mitigation plans;
- Makes recommendations respecting vendor selection criteria and contractual terms;
- Creates guidance, tools, and tactics to support effective vendor risk management within functions and departments;
- Develops recommendations, prepares proposals for, and implements new approaches to vendor risk management and continuous improvement.
- To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
- BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options for its employees.
- Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates.
- If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: https://corporate.bclc.com/careers/overview.html
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Maintenance and Technicians