ABOUT THE COMPANY
New Beta Innovation Canada Limited (NBI-CA) is a preclinical stage life sciences organization in Burnaby, BC. Leveraging on our expertise in research and development, we are transforming drug discovery into clinical applications for unmet medical needs. We have ongoing collaborations with top universities worldwide on various research projects, with distinguished achievements in the areas of oncology, neurology, ischemic and hypoxic conditions.
Our state-of-the-art GMP manufacturing facilities and laboratories in Greater Vancouver are home to a growing team of professionals who are inspired to develop advanced life-saving hemoglobin-based therapeutics for the well-being of people.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager/Manager, Finance (Supply Chain), the incumbent will perform a variety of purchasing related functions from order placement to fulfillment and be responsible for providing communication and administrative support to the daily operations.
1. Key Responsibilities
- Review purchase requisitions, check department and account coding, verify accuracy, terminology and non-technical specifications and update corresponding records in SAP
- Compare prices, specifications and lead time in order to determine the best bid among potential sources
- Maintain an optimal level of inventory by regularly forecasting, monitoring and updating via the MRP tool
- Work closely with peers to influence and implement overall packaging, ingredient and supplier network strategy
- Interact with peers to develop a mutual understanding of needs/effects of changes in specifications, inventories and use plans etc while promoting a just-in-time order management approach
- Review and amend commercial terms and conditions on a variety of contracts, summarize key details and present to the internal stakeholders
- Align, improve, and modernize procurement/contracting practices to improve business performance and customer satisfaction continuously
- Develop procurement strategies, including opportunity analysis and identification, supplier selection, risk and compliance evaluation, and financial analysis
- Initiate and complete the entire RFx processes and related tendering activities, including tender evaluation, selection and negotiation
- Report and review procurement and contract performance by engaging with stakeholders on commitments made and understandings between the company and customers, suppliers and service providers
- Participate in occasional major or long-term sourcing projects under the guidance of the supervisor
- Evaluate project successes, failures, and drive process changes
- Ensure regional and corporate procurement procedures and policies are followed appropriately
- Perform other duties as required
2. Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Post-secondary education in supply chain management, operations management or equivalent accreditation
- Minimum of 5 years of related working experience
- Good knowledge of biotechnology and life sciences industries is an asset
- Good knowledge and understanding of procurement, purchasing and accounting practices for a variety of supplies and services
- Sound knowledge of RFx, tendering and contract law(s) and practices
- Sound knowledge of construction, building maintenance and repair, plant equipment and utilities, lab and cleanroom operations is an asset
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to negotiate prices, terms and conditions of contracts
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong decision making and analytical skills
- Strong working knowledge of SAP is required
- Previous experience writing, reviewing and/or editing technical reports, specification terms, change control, SOPs etc
- Advance knowledge in using Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve and handle pressure situations
- Proven to take initiatives and demonstrate good judgment
- Positive individual with ability to work independently and collaboratively
WHY JOIN NBI-CA?
The best reason is because of our wonderful people and great work environment. If you are looking for a career with meaning and purpose, it’s hard to beat working in life sciences. We provide an attractive compensation and benefits package which recognizes people for their contributions, and comprehensive training and career development opportunities which support our employees’ growth with the company.
If you are interested in joining our team, we encourage you to APPLY today!
Banking, Finance and Insurance Biotechnology