Are you passionate about using technology to make the world a better place? If so, read on.
About AWS and Cloud Innovation Centers
At Amazon, we aim to be the Earth's most customer-centric company. To get there, we need exceptionally talented and driven people. Amazon Web Services (AWS), a leader in cloud computing, provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses and public sector organizations in countries around the world.
AWS has a Cloud Innovation Center (CIC, pronounced "kick") at University of British Columbia (UBC). We are growing a dynamic team of innovators that will lead organizations in government, non-profit, and education to innovate and transform the way services are developed and delivered using the cloud. This team will help public sector customers think big to define and build early-stage products to solve complex national and global societal challenges. These could include issues such as homelessness, smart cities, human trafficking, climate change, racial inequality, and agricultural engineering to improve sustainable food supply.
We're looking for candidates who are ready to roll-up their sleeves, thrive in a fast-paced start-up-like environment, and want to invent the future. We want you to be passionate about delivering a great customer experience and changing the world for the better.
The Cloud Innovation Center at UBC is looking for a hands-on Solutions Architect to be the technical lead in innovation challenges for public sector institutions. Innovation challenges use Amazon's "Working Backwards" process to align stakeholders around a customer-centered problem, identify a novel, future-thinking solution, and deliver an early-stage (alpha) product.
Working with cross-functional teams (innovation leads, UX designers, partners, sales, policy, etc.), you will be designing solutions to solve societal problems for AWS customers. You will help deliver prototypes that involve big data and large-scale back-end web services and that have user-friendly front-end interfaces. As the team and program expands, you will also mentor engineering interns who will come to the CIC to learn about cloud technologies.
Because this role interfaces with high-priority customers, C-level stakeholders, and multiple business units, you must have excellent communication skills, empathy, diplomacy, and a high level of professionalism working with people from different cultural backgrounds and at all levels of seniority. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Key job responsibilities
- Provide technical thought leadership and own the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific innovation challenge projects; define potential implementation architectures.
- Collaborate with AWS sales and support teams to help customers and interns learn and use AWS Services.
- Devise strategy and engage with Account Managers Professional Services and Partners to define a technology approach to a customer business problem.
- Create assets which capture and share best-practice knowledge across the public sector and wider CIC and AWS community.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of enterprise IT application experience, building large-scale web services or distributed systems
- 2+ years of software development, DevOps engineering, systems administration, Network Administration, IT Security, Systems Architecture or other technical discipline
- 2+ years of experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using modern software development practices (such as agile /SCRUM) and modern languages (such as Java, Python, C++, or C# including object-oriented design)
- Experience with large-scale cloud native solutions and migrations
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the AWS services
- Experience with design thinking workshops and working backwards from customer needs
- Experiencing managing and mentoring junior software development engineers (for intern mentoring)
- Prior experience speaking with and presenting to groups of technologists, mission owners, and executives through formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations
- Understanding of application and network security requirements such as ICD 503, NIST 800-53, etc.
- Ability to assess business impacts, such as Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), Return on Investment (ROI), etc.
- A passion for public sector missions
- Experience developing functional specifications, hardware architecture specifications, design verification plans and functional test procedures
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.