The AWS Americas Professional Services Security, Risk, and Compliance team works with our largest enterprise customers to operationalize the shared responsibility model as they migrate to the cloud. Are you a CISO, CTO, Head of Risk or Audit with experience operating in the cloud? Do you love leading world class teams that drive breakthrough business results by delivering planetary scale security & assurance solutions? AWS offers a cloud platform with a global reach and we are looking for a passionate and experienced security leader to help lead the expansion of the Security Assurance and Advisory practice in the United States. This role will work closely with the AWS account teams and consulting leadership to build a team that will drive a security strategy across headcount, training, and tools for the customer.
The ideal candidate should be an innovative security professional who has the ability to build a practice of change agents for our most strategic customers that are looking to move their sensitive work loads into the cloud. We need someone who will thrive in a fast-paced environment and will be able to build a team that is able to earn the customer's trust while providing their perspective and guidance on developing and executing an innovative security strategy.
Key job responsibilities
Expertise - Lead high profile cross-functional project teams that include Amazonians, partners, and customers to drive the secure adoption of the cloud into our top accounts.
Hire/Build/Develop a Team - Build a team of SRC focused delivery professionals that can engage with Director, VP, and C-level executives to drive security best practices into all levels of the customer's organization. Develop that team via a continuous improvement plan to ensure the team can match the pace of innovation of AWS services.
Solutions - Develop and document insights and recommended solutions to meet business objectives through enterprise architecture, adoption plans, and technical feasibility plans.
Insights - Provide thought leadership and collaboration with customers and internal AWS Service teams to drive roadmaps based upon customer use cases.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 10+ years' experience in IT security, compliance and risk management, data privacy, or security controls.
• 5+ years in IT security leadership role leading successful security initiatives
• Experience building a professional services team that focuses in the Security, Risk and Compliance space
• Experience leading teams that are driving change in enterprise environments
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Security or equivalent experience
• Ability to travel to customer sites as neededPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience managing a team of managers
• Held responsibility for delivering large programs with 7-figure budgets
• Experience working and/or delivering in a matrix environment that required influencing multiple senior stakeholders
• CISO, CTO, or Head of Risk or Audit with experience leading successful security initiatives in the cloud
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, technical challenges, and risk
• Experience with DevOps, Continuous Development, Continuous Deployment, Continuous Integration, and Micro-Services
• Ability to communicate complex topics to an audience with various functional knowledge
• Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to manage numerous, competing demands from internal and external stakeholders and Customers
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations
• Demonstrated track record for managing a P&L on a professional services business
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.