AWS and Amazon Connect is looking for a senior engineering leader to lead a brand-new strategic AWS service / product initiative from ground-up to disrupt the world of customer engagement. The role involves growing and leading multiple technical teams / leaders, and working with several internal and external AWS teams to build large scale front-end and back-end services and public interfaces. Come be a leader on this team that is building a product touching millions of people daily!
Amazon Connect is a highly disruptive cloud-based contact center that enables businesses to deliver engaging, dynamic, and personal customer service experiences. Amazon Connect is the result of the ten years of development that went into building the tools Amazon uses to provide its award winning customer service at massive scale and launching it as a publicly available AWS service. With Amazon Connect, you can create your own cloud-based contact center and be taking calls in minutes. Amazon Connect leverages the power of Artificial Intelligence and the large ecosystem of AWS services such as Amazon Lex, Amazon Polly, AWS Lambda, Amazon S3 and Amazon Kinesis to provide a truly frustration free, easy-to-use, extensible, and natural customer experience. With this technology, we are transforming an industry and the way customers interact with businesses and how agents service them.
We have a rapidly growing customer base and an exciting charter in front of us that includes solving highly complex engineering and algorithmic problems. We are looking for a passionate and talented Senior Software Development Manager to join us to innovate further on this new service that addresses customer needs to engage with business seamlessly. The position represents a rare opportunity to lead a fast-growing business, and help shape the technology and product from scratch. During the process, you will be playing a crucial role in developing the next generation customer engagement product, and get the opportunity to design and deliver scalable, resilient systems while maintaining a constant customer focus.
Industry analysts have said, "Amazon Connect is quietly positioned to massively disrupt by enabling companies to focus on customer service, not service centers." and "Amazon is totally disrupting the customer contact center space as they have many other market-spaces with customer-centric solutions with open platform integration with assistance from the partner community."
As a senior manager on our team, you'll help to establish teams developing new systems ground up, working closely with senior technical leaders within the team and across AWS. You'll coordinate feature development across teams, ensuring new functionality fits into the broader slate of AWS services. You'll drive a culture that values operational and engineering excellence, security, customer focus, and continuous improvement.
What is in it for you? - Team culture: You'll be joining a fun team that prides itself on a great work environment with an inclusive group of people that loves working together towards a common goal.
• Impact: Work on a service that will be used, directly and indirectly, by millions of customers and has a meaningful impact to their functions and interactions.
• Gratification: You will know you are directly responsible for solving real customer problems.
• Critical and Fast: This is a strategic new business for AWS, and we are moving fast, really fast.
• Ownership: You will quickly become responsible for key components of the service, and drive what and how to build them.
• Learn & Grow: If want to learn and grow with challenges of a designing and building a large-scale fault tolerant systems - this is an opportunity of a life time.
• Innovate: We learn from our customers and invent every day on their behalf.
• Make history: AWS is the leader in a current industry wide revolution, and specifically at Amazon Connect, we are changing the way customers think about contact centers.
• Have fun: Surround yourself with a highly talented team of people that like to solve complex problems, but also work in a fun and autonomous environment.
Learn more about Amazon Connect here:
Media coverage on Amazon Connect:
Power of Amazon Connect:
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 8+ years experience building production software systems.
• 6+ years management experience (including a combination of experience hiring, managing performance, and providing technical leadership, including experience managing other managers)
• The ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in designing and building sophisticated fault-tolerant distributed systems at scale
• Experience in UI technologies and building UX frameworks
• Experience in driving systemic operational improvements
• Understanding of developing software with systems-level performance constraints.
• Familiarity with communications and metrics.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but are necessary for Amazon leaders: • Exhibits excellent judgment • Has high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo) • Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business • Expects and requires innovation of her/his team • Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others • Strong results orientation • Thinks big
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming