WSP is currently seeking a Senior Site Services Technician to join our Contract Administration department, located at our London office. Reporting to a Team Lead, this position will be responsible for site review of the construction of earthworks, sewers, .Project coordination - landfill infrastructure construction (inspection/QAQC)Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSP
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
- Providing support to inspector(s) on site during construction
- Landfill cell construction QA/QC and cell preparation reporting - documentation, analytical results, geotechnical testing, reporting
- Landfill infrastructure QA/QC - documentation, testing, reporting
- Landfill cell construction contract administration - verification of payments certificates
- Daily construction inspection reports
- Attending / running weekly meetings with the City as needed
- Attending / running bi-weekly construction meetings with the City and Operator, including minutes
- Attending / running monthly operations meetings with the City and Operator, including minutes
- Stepping in to help with on-site construction inspections, as needed
- Monthly landfill site inspections (extensive reports)
- Annual Utilization Factor reporting
- Annual Monitoring and Operations reporting (construction and operations tasks)
- Completion of a (3 year) community college or equivalent program in a relevant engineering technology discipline, architectural technology, or through the possession of a Certificate of Qualification in a skilled construction trade, or the equivalent;
- 6+ years experience with landfill projects
- O.A.C.E.T.T. certification as an Engineering Technologist is an asset
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a team;
- Must possess sound judgement; strong organizational, administrative, observational and problem-solving skills; effective interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills;
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel), and other Windows and cloud-based computing applications;
A vehicle in suitable working order and valid driver's license is required WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Maintenance and Technicians