At Amazon Web Services, we're hiring highly technical cloud architects to help our customers and partners develop technical expertise and capacity, while also collaborating with them on key engagements. Our consultants deliver proof-of-concepts, topical workshops, and lead implementation projects. These professional services engagements focus on key customer solutions such as, cloud adoption, migration, design and implementation of high availability infrastructure for web and enterprise applications, high performance computing (HPC), infrastructure and network design for big data and IA/ML, IoT workloads.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across our customer base and obsess over customer success. Our team collaborates across the entire organization to bring access to product and services, to ensure the right solution is delivered and drives innovation based upon customer needs.
This role is available in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, and Montreal. It is a customer facing role, you may be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
As a member of AWS Professional Services you are joining a team that invests in your success by providing comprehensive learning and mentorship programs. Our team also puts a value on work-life balance. We offer a flexible work environment to help you balance your work and personal life while still remaining customer obsessed.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 8+ years of professional experience implementing complex IT systems at scale.
- 3+ years of experience working with AWS Cloud solutions and services (or equivalent public cloud platforms)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related field or equivalent professional or military experience
- Experience in a customer facing role, ideally with a consulting organization. Ability to lead complex technical engagements working with customer stakeholders to translate business requirements into innovative solutions. Strong sense of customer focus, ownership, and urgency to drive business outcomes.
- Comfortable presenting to large audiences (both technical and non-technical). Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience leading the design of highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise IT environments. Ability to articulate design patterns and identify and address design flaws.
- Experience designing network solutions for public cloud and hybrid (on-prem /multi-cloud) scenarios. Experience integrating DNS, LoadBalancers, and network security solutions.
- Ability to travel (up to 25%) to customer locations when needed, both locally and within Canada.
- Experience planning and executing large scale data center migrations.
- Strong system administration skills in a virtualized environment (experience with: VMware, KVM, Hyper-V, OpenStack).
- Experience designing logging, monitoring and alerting solutions in the cloud (experience with: Amazon CloudWatch, AWS CloudTrail, Splunk, ELK Stack, or equivalents).
- Experience deploying Identity and Access Management systems to secure access to public and hybrid cloud environments (experience with SSO, SAML, and Active Directory).
- Strong understanding of container technologies (experience with products such as: Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS).
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.