Permanent Reference code
:103861 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto; Burlington; Calgary; Halifax; Kitchener; Montreal; St. John's; Vancouver; Vaughan Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems. Are you looking for a new position in a fast growing and challenging environment? Are you a professional interested in combining tax solutions with innovative technology? Look at the opportunity below.What will your typical day look like?
As a Senior Analyst on our team, you will plan and work on indirect tax engagements including consulting on domestic and/or cross-border transactions, mergers & acquisitions, tax authority audit defense, drafting notice of objections and provide assistance with indirect tax compliance.
You will work with clients in many industries with a focus on E-commerce and Technology, Natural Resources, Retail, Manufacturing and Real Estate to name a few!Your role with these clients will be to assist in building and developing relationships with the client and assist them with indirect tax matters by providing assistance to complex technical issues which may include researching and preparing reports, memoranda, and letters on complex indirect tax matters.
You will work with team members across the country who will assist you in building your indirect tax expertise at Deloitte.In your role in providing exceptional client value as a trusted business advisor, you will not only work with the indirect tax team in Canada, other services lines in Canada including tax, audit, financial advisory and consulting, but also work globally with colleagues assisting non-resident clients with Canadian indirect tax matters.You will expand your expertise in indirect taxes, participate in the development and delivery of training programs, and create a learning environment through leadership.About the team
Deloitte's Tax Management Consulting - Tax Technology Consulting (TMC-TTC) team incorporates our Tax Systems and Enterprise Tax Integration services which help our clients by providing an integrated approach to tax process improvement (across all areas of tax) that can help our clients' tax departments maximize their strategic value to the organization. This team sets the standard for enterprise tax integration, tax software implementation, data management, analytics and machine learning as well as vendor integrations and custom tax solutions. Our professionals provide an unbiased approach to software and technology tool development and implementations, and execute tax application delivery using leading practices. Our team of tax professionals has knowledge of various software products including source Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems; analytics and data management tools.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
Our shared values
- A completed undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials
- At least 2+ years of relevant work experience in the area of indirect tax
- A completed accounting designation, LLB., J.D., or Masters degree would be an asset
- Strong commitment to professional client service excellence
- Quick learning capacity
- High degree of initiative and detail oriented
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Desire for advancement.
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Accounting, Consulting, Developer, Equity, Tax, Finance, Technology
Management and Executive