It's easy enough to manage transportation assets. It's equally easy to track your own fleet. But how about insuring hundreds of thousands of transportation assets of all kinds (trucks, trailers, box trucks, airplanes, etc.) from thousands of different carriers worldwide depart on time to deliver millions of unique items, and do so both safely and efficiently? Do you think that is an interesting scientific and engineering challenge?
If so, we want to hear from you!
The Yard Tech team tracks and manages transportation assets that ship goods to and from Amazon facilities. We leverages technologies ranging from physical sensors, through mobile and web stacks, to machine learning. We use them to manage assets in real time, to predict where and how to deploy our resources efficiently, and to manage safety. Our products bridge the gap between fulfillment and transportation systems within Amazon's hugely complex logistics network. As an SDE, you will:
• Own products end to end: design, implement, test, deploy, and maintain mobile and web applications, and/or supporting core services.
• Collaborate with SDEs in other teams to integrate transportation systems.
• Collaborate with applied scientists and product managers to design and implement yard software products.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 4+ years of non-internship professional software development experience •
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, Python, Ruby or C# including object-oriented design • 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems. •
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field • 3+ years professional experience in software development •
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures & algorithms, problem solving, and complexity analysisPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers •
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs. Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Software and Programming