Line of Service
Internal Firm ServicesIndustry/Sector
IFS - Human Capital (HC)Management Level
Senior AssociateJob Description & Summary
A career in Resourcing and Deployment, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to work in cross line of service staffing helping our network be even more agile in the ever evolving markets we work with, providing the right people on the right projects at the right time. You'll focus on ensuring that resources of suitable skills and calibre are available for tasks and activities as required as well as managing the education, planning, and skills enhancement associated with resources.
As a team, we maximise resource sharing and enable the delivery of PwC to our clients through line of service and cross line of service staffing, forecasting, utilisation, and workload balance while considering development and diversity initiatives.Important point to consider
• Experience in recruitment within a complex matrix environment or professional services will be considered
• COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future:
The health, well-being and safety of our colleagues, clients, and communities is our number one priority. Vaccinations have proven to reduce the risk of COVID-19. Effective Friday, October 1, 2021, PwC Canada requires all partners, staff, contractors and visitors to be fully-vaccinated when entering a PwC location, subject to applicable legal exemptions. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating. Read this press release for further details . What you'll create and do
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
• Strategically plan and oversee the allocation of Client Service Staff (CSS) to client engagements to ensure alignment with the firm's strategic priorities and to meet the planned business metrics
• Through the use of continuous planning activities, proactive management and scheduling of resources to meet Firm utilization targets with primary focus on staff leverage and peak season metrics
• Gather information on staff career planning/goals, strengths, areas of opportunity to aid in allocating the right staff to the right client at the right time (via Partners and Managers coaches)
• Resolutions of unassigned clients and reallocations for new joiners/leavers
• Collaboration and teaming with other RM professionals including; focus on continuous improvement, sharing of best practices and liaising with other lines of service on borrowing/lending, staff secondments, etc
• Analyze standard productivity reports and provide recommendations on the appropriate action plan or activities required (e.g. workload balancing, improvement of utilization, etc.)
• Analyze business needs and staff requests to establish new career paths as required; developing ongoing approaches to easily match staff interests with firm needs
• Proactive management and analysis of staff availability, including communication to all regional counterparts to promote and focus on sharing resources across the country
• Review and analyze monthly financial results with a focus on partnering with local leadership to provide recommendations and solutions on various operational matters including utilization, chargeable hours and headcount
• Develop solid working knowledge of RM technology, including TalentLink Staffing & Deployment, supporting assignment planning allocations, forecasting and reporting
• Support and delivery training to all staff on the use of all Talent Link modules
• Collaborating with the team, focus on required enhancements or the development of new technology tools to continuously drive improvement What you'll bring to this role
• An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work
• A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences and working alongside diverse people and perspectives
• An understanding of Resource Management and its link to the business strategy
• Ability to analyse data, interpret findings and provide insight to leadership; including an ability to understand how business trends can change our market
• Excellent judgment and strong problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze and understand the business impact of relevant options
• Ability to manage complex projects while thinking strategically and creatively
• Ability to deal confidently with Partners, managers and all staff levels in a professional manner, recognizing the confidential nature of the work at all times
• High energy and the flexibility to perform under time constraints to meet deadlines
• Strong sense of professionalism, integrity, sound judgment and tact; self-confident with the ability to make decisions
• Proactive self-starter, with a high level of personal motivation
• Ability to multitask, set appropriate priorities and consistently meet and exceed set deadlines
• Ability to handle customer concerns with service and delivery of quality work
• Demonstrated ability to follow process with agility to make changes as required
• Ability to communicate effectively in English (both written & verbal), negotiate and influence effectively, consult with others, build relationships, facilitate group discussions, and execute on change management activities Why you'll love working for PwC
At PwC, we support you through a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits. Discover a life that works for you with our diverse, inclusive and flexible culture. To learn how you can grow and shine in your career at PwC, please visit: https://www.pwc.com/ca/whypwc See how you can create your future at PwC
Get to know us
Check out our careers blog to hear what our people have to say and discover a place where you can bring your passions and whole self to work. https://www.pwc.com/ca/en/careers/blog.html Applying at PwC
At PwC, we embrace new technology where you will learn to innovate and deliver differently. For Administrative, Specialist, Associate, Senior Associate, and Manager roles you may have the opportunity to participate in an on-demand video interview. To learn more about our innovative cloud-based online application interview process click here: https://www.pwc.com/ca/applytopwc
We take your privacy seriously. To protect your personal information, please submit your application directly through PwC Canada Careers: https://www.pwc.com/ca/en/careers.html Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Required SkillsOptional Skills Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not SpecifiedAvailable for Work Visa Sponsorship?
NoGovernment Clearance Required?
NoJob Posting End Date
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
Every day we see how people make businesses great. But it's not only about skills. If your experience is close to what we're looking for, please consider applying. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, and passionate teams reimagine the possible. Create your future at PwC.
PwC s'engage à bâtir une équipe diversifiée et représentative des collectivités qu'il sert. Nous invitons toutes les personnes qualifiées, sans égard à leur appartenance ethnique, leur race, leur religion, leur sexe, leur orientation sexuelle, leur identité sexuelle, leur statut d'autochtone, leur âge, leur handicap ou leurs besoins en matière d'adaptation du milieu de travail, à présenter leur candidature, qu'il nous fera plaisir d'examiner.
Chaque jour, nous voyons des personnes participer à l'essor des entreprises. Ce n'est pas seulement une question de compétences. Si votre expérience se rapproche de ce que nous recherchons, n'hésitez pas à postuler. Nous sommes conscients que l'expérience peut prendre diverses formes et que des équipes de passionnés peuvent réinventer le possible. Créez votre avenir chez PwC.