Position: Program Manager, Blockchain for Climate
- Location: Remote, with Blockchain for Climate and the Climate Innovation team largely based in BC. The position will require travel in Canada and internationally in the future. Position may be located anywhere in Canada, with the understanding that some meetings will be coordinated according to Pacific Time.
- Start Date: September 2021
- Position Status: One year contract, with option for renewal.
- Salary Range: $65,000-$75,000 annually, depending on experience.
Ecotrust Canada and Blockchain for Climate Foundation have partnered to put the Paris Agreement on the Blockchain. The work aims to connect the national carbon accounts of the world to enable cross border collaboration on emissions reductions. Our team is growing and we seek a Program Manager to drive program success, and adoption of the BITMO Platform by national party signatories to the Paris Agreement, successfully operationalizing Article 6 of the Paris Agreement.
About Ecotrust Canada
Ecotrust Canada is an enterprising non-profit that works with rural, remote, and Indigenous communities toward building an economy that provides for a healthy and resilient natural environment; sustainable and abundant energy, food, and housing; prosperous and meaningful livelihoods; and vibrant cultures and inclusive societies. We call this approach building an economy that provides for life. Our on-the-ground work and systems approach is entrepreneurial, partnership-based, and relentlessly practical. Learn more at ecotrust.ca
Program Management Responsibilities:
- Act as team lead responsible for program administration and detail execution that drives organizational success.
- Organize and coordinate Blockchain for Climate Partnership team member deployment on program priorities.
- Support grant writing and reporting activities of Blockchain for Climate Partnership
Community Engagement Responsibilities:
- Support engagement with Blockchain for Climate Partnership’s partners.
- Support development of meetings and educational events for community partners and broader climate solutions stakeholders.
- Support BfCF’s engagement with Canadian climate community, and with the Blockchain community.
- Support community engagement and project coordination activities as required.
Policy Development Responsibilities
- Work with Blockchain for Climate Partnership team to facilitate uptake of the BITMO Platform by international parties to the Paris Agreement.
- Lead research on international parties to the Paris Agreement to develop a strategy to convene international party working group participants.
- Lead development of the international party working group by convening participants to pilot the BITMO Platform.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with international party working group members, Blockchain industry leaders, media, other NGOs, and government.
- Support outreach to policymakers and decision-makers including development of meeting materials and coordination of meetings with key decision-makers.
Skills and Qualifications
Candidates must clearly reflect, with examples, the following skills and experience in their application.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented, with the ability to take initiative and work independently with minimum supervision.
- Excellent program management skills, with strong attention to detail.
- At least two years of experience conducting complex program development.
- Demonstrated ability to design, manage, and develop technology based projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Understanding/willingness to learn about Canada’s colonial history, its ongoing impacts on Indigenous communities, and a commitment to Reconciliation.
- Demonstrated commitment to sustainability and social change through educational, professional, and volunteer experiences.
- Understanding/willingness to learn about blockchain and cryptocurrency paradigm.
- Ability to communicate complex technical matters in plain language.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
Other Valuable Qualifications:
- Experience in working with governments on climate change and tech policy infrastructure.
- Experience in the successful execution of public-facing policy or advocacy delivery, especially in the areas of blockchain, tech, or climate policy.
- Understanding of the Paris Agreement and international climate negotiations.
- Experience in facilitation and/or chairing meetings and group processes.
- Understanding of the role of Provincial, Federal, and international climate regulations and carbon pricing policy.
- Demonstrated expertise in use of blockchain for social/environmental/economic impact.
Please create one PDF combining cover letter and resume, and title it in the following format: “Last Name, First Name_ProgramManager.” Submit applications to our website at www.ecotrust.ca. Applications due by 9pm PST, October 11, 2021 but will be reviewed as they are received.