Would you like to work on one of the world's largest transactional distributed systems? How about working with customers and peers from the entire range of Amazon's business on cool new features? Whether you're passionate about building highly scalable and reliable systems or one who likes to build products which impact every business of company, Amazon's eCommerce Tax Services is the place for you.
We are looking for a product leader that has experience managing large-scale global products, has a track record for developing a vision, defining strategies and building programs & features for existing and new systems. You will have experience creating the product vision and roadmap for products and a proven ability to develop strategic vision based on data. In addition to defining, developing, and driving the roadmap and three year plan for Tax system capabilities for entire company, you will also be responsible for leading new product ideation and development to have an impact on every business of Amazon. The candidate must be able to influence across multiple teams with the organization, be a strong communicator, analytic thinker and have a history of delivering results. This person will identify patterns of legislative changes which impacts Amazon businesses, and solve complicated problems with business oriented extensible solutions. He/she must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, and will work with business customers and tax experts to identify and prioritize needs, able to effectively influence up and across the organization, have a consistent track record of delivering results by applying and utilizing business insights and analytics. This role offers an opportunity to make business-critical decisions that will enable Amazon to accurately adhere to 1000s of laws changing in dozens of countries impacting billions of products sold on Amazon.
In this role, your key responsibilities will be:
• Driving product direction for Tax services which enables Amazon to quickly adhere to any legislative changes coming from anywhere in world, impacting any business and any product
• Developing actionable insights that relentlessly provide a better experience to Tax business teams
• Work with WW Tax Operations, Tax business teams, Engineering teams around the world, Country and Product expansion partners to provide solutions
• Establishing and leading solutions across multiple teams
• Mining and analyzing data for metrics and decision support
• Develop and drive new insights and tools to understand the intent of the customer for feature prioritization.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree or higher
• Experience defining product requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• 3+ years of experience delivering large scale, cross functional, and complex projects
• 3+ years of experience in product or program management
• 3+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, solve ambiguous problems, and understand tradeoffs.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior leaders, across functions including an ability to effectively communicate with customers as well as business and technical teams.
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• A strong desire to work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
• Master's degree
• Experience in building and driving adoption of new tools
• Experience in delivering Amazon-scale systems
• An understanding of distributed and service-oriented architectures.
• Program managed rollout and operations of large scale commercial enterprise software systems or large scale online services
• Experience with Agile Development techniques
• Interest in large scale data mining and big data.
• Experience with technologies like Hadoop, Rules based systems and Machine learning
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming Management and Executive