POL SC 27R - Senior Policy Analyst Position Classification
Policy Analyst - Science R27 Union
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CASalary Range
$72,724.97 - $83,014.85 annually plus 3.3% Temporary Market Adjustment Close Date
6/3/2022 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Energy, Mines & Low Carb Inn. Ministry Branch / Division
Policy MCA division Job Summary Senior Policy Analyst
Policy Analyst - Science R27
An eligibility list may be established.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
The Ministry of Energy, Mines and Low Carbon Innovation facilitates the development of sustainable, competitive and safe energy and mineral resource sectors for British Columbians. The Policy and Competitiveness Branch develops and leads strategic legislative and policy initiatives with respect to mineral exploration and mine development in British Columbia, including delivering on a commitment in the March 2022 Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act Action Plan to modernize the Mineral Tenure Act in consultation and cooperation with First Nations and First Nations organizations. The Branch is also responsible for supporting the development of industrial policy to advance government's priorities around CleanBC, emissions reductions and climate action. If you're looking for engaging and dynamic work within a highly motivated team, then this is the place for you.
The Senior Policy Analyst is responsible for leading and coordinating research, analysis, development and implementation of strategic initiatives, policies and legislation related to mining, Indigenous relations, as well as environmental stewardship and decarbonization.
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca)
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Jennifer.MacMillan@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
• A Masters' degree in Public Administration, Law, Economics, Natural Resources, Environmental Science or Planning, or related field and a minimum of one (1) year related experience; OR,
• A Degree in Public Administration, Law, Economics, Natural Resources, Environmental Science or Planning, or related field and a minimum of two (2) years related experience; OR,
• A Diploma in Public Administration, Law, Economics, Natural Resources, Environmental Science or Planning, or related field and a minimum of four (4) years of related experience.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.*Related experience must include but is not limited to the following:
• Experience leading the development or analysis of federal, provincial, or local government legislation, regulation and policy.
• Experience providing advice and recommendations on legislation, regulation, policy and programs through policy papers and briefing material.
• Experience in leading and/or supporting engagement with partners and/or other governments. Preferably including collaboration with Indigenous peoples.Preference may be given to applicants with:
• Direct experience working with the Mines Act, the Mineral Tenure Act, and/ or the Coal Act.
• Experience developing industrial climate policy.
• Experience leading and/or supporting legislative reform initiatives.
• Experience with BC's reconciliation initiatives, including engagement and collaboration with First Nations, Indigenous peoples, and/or Indigenous leadership organizations.
• Who self-identify as Indigenous.Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO -
Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES -
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES -
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.Job Category
Natural Resource Sector, Policy, Research and Economics