Permanent Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto; Burlington; Calgary; Kitchener; London; Ottawa; Vancouver; Vaughan; WindsorOur Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Deloitte Forensic is seeking an OSINT Senior Associate with experience in providing support for intelligence collection efforts using social listening and media monitoring technology, as well as social network analysis and link analysis tools and techniques. Investigative experience is strongly welcome.What will your typical day look like?
The Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) Senior Associate integrates data, analyzes, and produces intelligence in response to priority intelligence requirements on matters relating to financial crime, integrity, corporate security, strategic reputation, and a variety of related issues.
The OSINT Senior Associate work will also include conducting investigations and collecting publicly available data from social media, the deep web (i.e. forums, blogs, cached and archived sites). Furthermore, the OSINT Senior Associate will be responsible for drafting executive level intelligence briefings, deep analysis of trends, and providing intelligence support on a range of matters including integrity due diligence engagements.
As an OSINT Senior Associate, you will:
• Conduct OSINT collection and analysis (i.e., social media, research engines, government databases, etc.) to support investigations, misinformation and disinformation assessments, due diligence, and crisis management engagements;
• Support investigations with intelligence input.
• Support OSINT, Imagery Intelligence (IMINT), Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) tools and techniques.
• Work collaboratively as part of a diverse team of talented intelligence analysts, computer forensic specialists, advisors, accountants and investigators;
• Conduct social media scans/monitoring supported by OSINT research, build monitoring dashboards, and assist in the development of risk sensing models using digital/social communications software tools;
• Collect, verify, and analyze information relevant to past and current geopolitical and industry risks;
• Provide analysis of media articles collected through the OSINT from a diversity of sources and types of news media taking into account each source's unique biases;
• Identify issues and recommend solutions to project teams;
• Prioritize objectives, contribute to project planning and status reporting;
• Contribute to practice growth and development; and
• Participate in the development and delivery of training programs.About the team
Deloitte's team of Forensic professionals identify and investigate a wide range of issues and business irregularities and deliver clear and evidence-based analyses and reports. We apply a variety of quantitative and qualitative techniques to analyze and mitigate alleged incidents of wrongdoing, identify the participants, secure evidence, locate/recover misappropriated assets, and bring about a timely resolution to litigation matters and regulatory concerns. The Forensic team works with clients and their counsel to address complex and unexpected business disputes, insurance claims, class actions and associated litigation, as well as computer forensic and e-discovery matters.
Specifically, the Intelligence team focuses on investigating allegations of fraud, theft, insider threats, corporate espionage, counterintelligence, money laundering, bribery and corruption, other financial irregularities, regulatory issues and integrity / reputational matters impacting clients in Canada and worldwide across all industries.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
• Undergraduate degree in History, Journalism, Political Science, Sociology, International Studies, Criminology or a related field with outstanding academic credentials is preferred;
• 2-5 years of relevant work OSINT / intelligence experience (e.g. OSINT work, intelligence community, private investigations, investigative journalism, law enforcement, crisis communications, public relations, or social/digital media is required);
• Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills with strong attention to detail;
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities, shifting deadlines and deliver excellent work under tight timelines;
• Must be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the intelligence cycle and architecture, to include planning, collection, research, analysis, and production;
• Knowledge of link analysis and data visualization is required;
• Strong commitment to professional client service excellence;
• Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams;
• Experience developing client-ready reports and presentations using a range of industry standard software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, etc.);
• Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions;
• Knowledge of OSINT sources and methods (i.e., social media, deep/dark web search engines, government databases, etc.) and a general understanding of major geopolitical trends, security/risk incidents, and business/market disruptions which may impact our clients;
• Knowledge of a second language is considered an asset;
• Experience in geopolitical / security analysis and financial crime risk management is considered an asset; and
• Canadian travel required, along with occasional international travel. Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work on client assignments.Our shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Open Source, Law, Developer, Equity, GIS, Technology, Legal, Finance
Apply now "