DTTL - Secondment Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Ottawa; Burlington; Calgary; Edmonton; Halifax; Kitchener; Montreal; Saskatoon; St. John's; Toronto; Vancouver; Vaughan; Winnipeg
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems.
Experience a firm where wellness matters.
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office. Are you someone with the relentless energy to drive and push yourself further? We're looking for you!What will your typical day look like?
In this role you will be part of National Audit Excellence.
The professional will assist NAE to support various audit and assurance related activities. This involves, amongst other things, developing depth of expertise in certain areas and breadth of expertise in audit. The professional uses their expertise to support the audit practice in the various activities noted above to support the audit practice, and working with a team of dedicated assurance professionals, helps equip other practitioners in the audit practice to conduct effective and efficient financial statement audits and other assurance engagements.
You will have the opportunity to broaden your network by working with Firmleadership, other professionals and teams from across the country, across all industries, and within the Deloitte global network. You will also have the opportunity to join teams in the audit practice and play anintegral role in the delivery of high-quality audits.
Upon repatriation at the end of your MDP assignment with NAE, in addition to prestiguous external client service opportunities, you may also play a valuable role in your region as a subject matter resource leading the development of your local practice. You will be able to utilize your vast network for unique career oppportunities.About the team
National Audit Excellence (NAE) focuses on ensuring audit quality in the audits through a combination of activities, including but not limited to, consultations, coaching programs, inspections and inspection support, quality control reviews, implementation of new and revised audit and assurance standards and Deloitte methodology, transformation support and the delivery of audit technical learning.
NAE also works on a number of projects and initiatives aimed at supporting our drive to be the leader in audit quality.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
- Excellent understanding of ISA and PCAOB standards
- Knowledge of one or more of the following Canadian financial reporting frameworks: IFRS, ASPE, NPO, PSAB or Pensions
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; able to draw on audit experience, and effectively problem solve on the best way to approach challenges/issues
- Strong communication skills: written, oral and presentation
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and push to learn new topics and/or skills
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of colleagues and clients in a variety of industries, across the country
- Interest in working on strategic initiatives in a collaborativeenvironment, including initiatives to continuously improve execution of audits
- Composureto interact and request assistance from those with moreexperience both within National Office and with engagement teams within Canada, across other Member Firms and/or DTTL (e.g. possess appropriate self-confidence to interact with firm leadership)
- Ability to demonstrate productivity and responsiveness during periods of high pressure or under short deadlines
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities, including managing project costs and timelines
- Display sound judgment regarding when to consult with others
- Strong leadership capabilities along with a desire to actively mentor and coach team members to their highest potential; create a learning environment through thought leadership, the development of training, and building your own brand within the Firm
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally. Job Segment:
Audit, Manager, Inspector, QC, Project Manager, Finance, Management, Quality, Technology
Management and Executive