The Marketplace team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, inventive software manager. The candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, understands the commerce space and will help us our business and impress our customers.
As the development manager, you will have technical ownership of customer facing services and experiences. You'll lead a talented and nimble team of engineers to create innovative ways to grow our marketplace.
Responsibilities include direct management engineers, process and quality of service improvements, strategic planning, project management for software within the team, and management of resources across teams. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. The Marketplace business requires creative engineering balanced with high quality and customer focus.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders :
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires and develops great people
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Strong results orientation
- Thinks big
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- 2+ years of management experience leading a world-class team.
- Strong focus on customers and operational excellence.
- BS/BA degree in a technical field.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically while remaining hands-on.
- Prior experience with agile methodologies and a fast-paced environment.
- You are comfortable creating and driving a product roadmap.
- Proficient in systems and software services.
- You have strong bias for action with ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science/Math or related field.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming