Position Summary GROUNDSKEEPER Job ID: 3956 SHORT-TERM (APRX END DATE: NOV 30, 2021)/FULL-TIME Location: VANCOUVER, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status ** GROUNDSKEEPER POSITION SUMMARY
Provides general groundskeeping, landscape maintenance and gardening of Commission-owned properties, including those operated by non-profit housing providers. CANDIDATE PROFILE The successful candidate will have the following: QUALIFICATIONS:
Performs groundskeeping, landscape maintenance and gardening duties:
- Performs a variety of tasks encompassing most elements of landscape maintenance, groundskeeping and gardening;
- Carries out planting, cultivation, mowing, edging, weeding, and applies lime to lawns;
- Prunes shrubs; trees and ground covers;
- Keeps walks, driveways and entrances clean, minor patch repair to asphalt, snow and ice removal and application of ice melt products as required;
- Operates and does minor maintenance on mowers, edgers, trimmers and sweepers such as sharpening blades and uses various equipment and tools as required in the performance of their role;
- Operates various Employer's vehicles as qualified including trailers to load, unload and deliver supplies and equipment and/or Employer's assets;
- Maintains outdoor storm drains and sewers;
- Constructs and repairs various landscape and fencing projects (e.g. retaining walls, patio boxes, etc.);
- Install and repair lawns and lawn maintenance equipment (e.g. sod, in ground sprinklers, etc.);
- Operate landscaping vehicles and maintenance equipment as qualified;
- Required to utilize tact and diplomacy in possible tenant interaction. Refers tenants to other staff where appropriate. In some occasions may be required to exercise interpersonal and conflict resolution skills when dealing with the resident population.
- Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check
- A valid Class 5 driver's license and satisfactory driving record required
- An Eligibility List will be established
Operations and Logistics