Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud ("Cloud Computing"). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services - gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
Developers all over the world rely on our storage, compute, and virtualized services. Our success depends on our world-class selling and field teams, and these teams rely on the Worldwide Revenue Operations (WWRO) team to power their activities. We're handling massive scale, providing data that drives the AWS business internally, and delivering products and services to help our Amazon Web Service selling teams, marketing groups, and customers. We're looking for a Software Development Engineer to design and deliver solutions making it simpler for our field team to manage, maintain and operate at scale - we should provide products and solutions that help give our talented selling and marketing teams "superpowers" that let them focus on the customer and helping them drive their business.
As a Software Development Engineer in the WWRO team, you'll have a unique opportunity to shape the development of our services and positively affect our customers through our talented field team. You'll be chartered with creating and operating services that collect and store metrics at internet scale, deliver critical capabilities to the field and embed operational knowledge and encode best practices into everything we do. In addition, as part of the broader AWS organization, you will have the opportunity to influence the broader cloud strategy for Amazon.
In your first few months with WWRO you'll:
• Design and deliver internet scalable, flexible, and integrated set of solutions for our selling team. This includes both first-party and third-party solutions.
• Create and manage application stacks across several domains including telemetry, analytics, planning, and performance management.
• Develop tools to accelerate contracting, speed planning cycles and operations, correlate metrics and set meaningful targets.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
• 2+ years of professional front end development around the user experience, and experience with responsive web design.
• Experience in developing rich applications with HTML, CSS, JS, Node
• Experience in developing front-end software, with deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, Angular, Thyme Leaf, JQuery etc.), UI Test Automation frameworks, and MVC frameworks.
• Experience with view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bias of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns (e.g., asynchronicity, data binding, modules, MVC, objects, promises)
• Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bias of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Software and Programming