Business Data Technologies (BDT) collects petabytes of data from thousands of data sources inside and outside Amazon including the Amazon catalog system, inventory system, customer order system, page views on the website and Alexa systems. We provide interfaces for our internal customers to access and query the data hundreds of thousands of times per day.
We're looking for a leader who'll take our frontends for data analysis and job management services to the next level! You'll be owning central user experiences and APIs that enable our users to create and manage tens of millions of analysis jobs every month. You'll be part of a cross-functional 2-pizza team frontend and backend engineers, and engage with product management, customers and BDT leadership to evolve one of BDT's most important services.
We are looking for software developers who long for the opportunity to design and build large-scale systems used by a wide spectrum of users, across a wide range of businesses. They'll use your experiences to analyze and derive insights from data critical to the continued success of Amazon's businesses.
What does it take to succeed in this role? You need to be creative, responsible, and excited to dig deep into AWS technologies. You will think about business opportunities, operational issues, architectural improvements, and the customer perspective in the source of a single conversation. You will learn to master frontend technologies that interface with distributed systems, and create new (or improve upon existing) user experiences.
A day in the life
About the team
The Neuron team consists of backend, frontend and machine learning engineers, as well as project and product managers. Our culture is built around recognising diverse perspectives and we do not suppress opinions for the sake of conformity. In the same vein, we work together and empower one another to grow our careers. The goal is learn and have fun together while delivering results for Amazon!
We always strive to use AWS serverless technologies, and processes that can be safely automated, we automate. We also recognise that all software eventually runs its course, always looking to deprecate undifferentiated technologies.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
- 5+ years of web development experience.
- Experience with building software with accessibility in mind.
- Attuned design sense so can collaborate with UX designers and hold a high bar with "backend" SDE's.
- Experience with with CI/CD in a frontend context.
- Experience establishing and leveraging web analytics.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in full-stack development.
- Experience building tools for data scientists or developers.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming