We are now looking for a Node.js Developer to work on our Firebase and Google Cloud backend components.
You will be an experienced Node.js developer with specific experience work ing with Google Firebase. You will work on our GetintheLoop APIs and Back ends, which power our core consumer products.
In this role, you will support and extend our existing Node.js-based Firebase components, add new backend features and APIs, and support the front-end developers who are integrating with these services.
As our ideal candidate you will have previous experience in an API develop ment role using Firebase, have an understanding of Serverless backends and principals, and have detailed experience using Node.js in real-world software projects.
Your responsibilities will be:
1. Software Development
- Improve and enhance our existing Google Firebase-based APIs and platform services.
2. Testing Automation
- Automate testing and deployments to ensure correct functionality and performance at scale.
3. Release Management
- Deliver frequent, high-quality releases.
4. Live Operations
- Ensure that the live operations of the platform has appropriate monitoring & alerting that allow issues to be identified and addressed quickly and effectively.
- Ensure adequate and up-to-date technical docu mentation exists, suitable for internal operations and external integra tion customers.
6. Technical Knowledge
- Develop strong domain expertise with Fire base and Google Cloud, our current platform architecture, and our de velopment tools and processes. Essentials
We will be excited if you have proven experience of:
- 2-5 years professional experience in Node.js develop ment with specific experience using Google Firebase in a production setting.
- Ability to develop & ship REST-like APIs and other
production-ready backend services.
3. Problem Solving
- Handle open-ended problems with ambiguity well.
- Ability to estimate tasks methodically and accurately, and to manage multiple tasks, release versions, workflows at the same time.
- Identify and follow the established best practices of our existing code bases.
6. Team Player
- Collaborative and supportive with a can-do attitude and a willingness to roll up the sleeves and help others. We Offer
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing international company
• Flexibility around location
• An informal, fast-paced start-up culture
• Competitive salary
• Group benefits
• Employee share options, so you share directly in the success you help create