A career within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you'll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients' information.Important point to consider
• This role has the option of being based out of any of our offices. Purpose-led work you'll be part of
As an External Audit Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Take on a professional role leading our client-facing teams
• Examine financial and accounting records, other documents, and/or observe certain processes and procedures being performed
• Ask a range of questions - from formal written questions to informal oral questions - with senior individuals at our client organizations
• Handle conflict resolution, manage expectations of a range of stakeholders (at varying levels of seniority), both clients and internally
• Perform design effectiveness walkthroughs, and test the operational effectiveness of client internal controls
• Make judgments on testing approaches for significant accounting estimates
• Verify and test financial statements and supporting disclosures
• Assuming a coaching performance management role that promotes staff development
• Join and contribute to a high performing team that lives the PwC values
• Instruct milestone training courses to our staff
• Network in the local business community
• Prepare and deliver competitive audit proposals
In addition, the External Audit Manager will be expected to develop industry and technical expertise in audit and assurance through written reports, management presentations and the production of high quality deliverables. Experiences and skills you'll use to solve
• Qualified Canadian CPA or equivalent reciprocal/recognized designation
• Demonstrated progressive experience at the Manager level working with a range of external audit clients in a Big 4 professional services firm
• Experience working with banking, insurance, energy and mining clients is considered an asset.
• A strong understanding of Canadian and United States auditing standards and/or PCAOB standards also considered
• Knowledge of IFRS and ASPE, US GAAP considered an asset
• Thorough technical skills and experience regarding applicable accounting reporting and auditing standards, with demonstrated exceptional performance.
• Experience in the design of engagement procedures based on risk and materiality
• Previous experience in coaching and leading engagement teams
• Excellent project management skills and ability to manage relationships at all levels within PwC and within the client's organization
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills that allow you to thrive in a team environment
• Demonstrate an ability to multitask in a fast-paced and changing environment
• Bilingual proficiency in French and English is considered a strong asset
• A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences, developing and coaching diverse teams, and ensuring diverse perspectives are heard
• Flexibility to travel up to 25% Why you'll love PwC
We're inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you'll be a part of amazing teams helping public and private clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development environment, will take your career to the next level. We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at http://pwc.com/ca/whypwc . Your Application to PwC
We embrace new technology to deliver securely and differently for our candidates. To protect your personal information, apply at http://pwc.com/ca/careers and visit http://pwc.com/ca/applytopwc to learn more about what your recruitment experience could look like. Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future
At this time, PwC does not require, but strongly encourages, full vaccination in order to access its offices. Some of our clients may require vaccination and other restrictions to be in place to access their premises. You may, therefore, be required to be vaccinated and comply with all other restrictions where applicable. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating, based on client, team and individual needs.
At PwC Canada, our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We're committed to creating an equitable and inclusive community of solvers where everyone feels that they truly belong. We understand that experience comes in many forms and building trust in society and solving important problems is only possible if we reflect the mosaic of the society we live in.
We're committed to providing accommodations throughout the application, interview, and employment process. If you require an accommodation to be at your best, please let us know during the application process.
Accounting Quality Assurance